1

b.f.b (best friend's brother)

sunoo's pov

"do you have the math homework?" my best friend since we were seven years old, leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"yeah i have it you idiot, but i'm not giving it to you. do your own work." i scolded the boy beside me in a hushed tone so that our teacher wouldn't give us both detention.

"bro c'mon stop being like that, you know i would give it to you if you asked." he pleaded while clasping his hands together.

"fine sunghoon, but don't fucking ask me again." i side eyed him.

"yes sir!" he raised his hand up to salute me.

...

as cliché as it sounds, sunghoon was a jock. he was one of the most popular boys in the entire school because of his unreal visuals and incredible athletic talents.

me however, i was just kind of a regular student for the most part. i was also popular for my looks but that's pretty much it. i didn't really have a specific thing i was known for, unlike sunghoon.

of course i had my hobbies like painting and photography but those things don't really give you popularity like sports. 

he was the face of the school. everyone swooned over 'the' park sunghoon. he was perfect in every way. i did envy him most times but i love my life so i can't really complain. we're just two separate people and that's perfectly fine. 

i have no idea why we're even friends to be honest. 

well, i actually know exactly why. in second grade, some kid was bullying sunghoon for being shy. and me being me, i would not stand for that. so i walked over to the kid and stabbed him in the arm with my pencil. obviously i got in a hell of a lot of trouble but it was honestly the best thing i've done in my life. 

after that, sunghoon kind of just stuck with me i guess. at first when we were younger it was extremely annoying having someone follow your every move because they were too shy to go and make new friends, but as time went on i became accustomed to his presence and we've been best friends ever since.

we basically lived at each other's houses, given that we're literally next door neighbors as well. 

i have other friends too but no one can compare to sunghoon. we're basically platonic soulmates.

speaking of platonic; one time in middle school i had a slight crush on sunghoon. but after a month, that infatuation was quickly crushed. i realized that man was as straight as they come and definitely not my type. of course i've always known he was straight since he had a new girlfriend every school year, since sixth grade. 

he was the first person i came out to as bi and the first person to accept me. i truly couldn't ask for a better person to call my best friend.

...

"i'm gonna go catch lunch with the team, are you okay with that?" sunghoon asked as we walked towards the canteen.

"no problem, i'll probably just grab some food with jungwonie." i smiled to show him it was alright.

"okay cool, i'll pick you up after class and we can head to my house?"

"sounds like a plan. see you later loser." we fist bumped and he walked the other direction.

after i got my food from the long lunch queue, i spotted my second closest friend, jungwon.

 "i seriously envy you hyung." was the first words that left from jungwon's mouth as i sat my tray down to sit.