17

sunoo's pov

i decided that before i would confess my feelings to jay, i needed to explain everything to sunghoon. 

as the two of us walked our usual route to our homes, after school had ended, i knew it was the perfect moment.

"so you're probably still wondering what happened last night." i suddenly broke the silence.

"isn't it obvious?" he sarcastically replied while continuing to face forward.

i rolled my eyes at his attitude, even though he couldn't see me doing so.

"fine... well last night, i ended things with jay hyung." as my sentence came to a halt, so did my best friend.

stopping in his tracks, he slowly turned in my direction. "are you dumb?" he rhetorically asked.

i punch his arm in response for the insult. "no, i had my reason."

"first of all, ouch. second, i thought you liked him?" he rubbed the place that i had hit on his arm.

"i do! that's the whole reason i ended the deal. i didn't want us to only be together for sex. i want us to be together because we like each other." i proceeded to walk, leaving him behind.

after he caught up to me he spoke again. "wait- did you tell him that?" 

i stayed silent, hoping that would answer his question for him.

suddenly i felt a force smack the back of my head. "what the fuck?!" i swiftly spun around to face the taller.

"you always call me an idiot but, you're actually are the idiot here." he glared at me.

"what? how am i the idiot?" i tilted my head.

"you seriously dumped the guy that you're like, in love with and didn't even tell him why. that's just stupid." he explained while giving me an 'are you serious?' look.

"well excuse me for being shy..." i mumbled back while looking down to the ground.

 "how about this, i won't talk to you until you grow some balls and tell him how you truly feel." he started walking away again, leaving me behind this time.

"hey! you can't do that! how does that make sense?!" i screamed to his back but he just ignored me and continued walking.

"ughh, you're so annoying." i grumbled quietly to the latter, even though he couldn't hear me since he was way ahead.

. . .

after arriving home alone, i was greeted by my lovely mother cooking in our kitchen. 

"hi sun, how was school?" she gave me a warm smile as she continued chopping vegetables. 

"it was okay..." i drifted from my sentence as i began to think of how i could possibly tell the man that i'm in love with, how i feel.

she paused he actions to look up at me intently. "what's wrong, honey? i can tell something is bothering you." she gave me a concerned stare.

i sighed, debating on if i should tell my mother about the fucked up situation i was currently in. 

i decided i should at least let her know my current predicament while leaving out the whole 'friends with benefits' part. 

i nodded before starting my rant. "yeah, something is bothering me a bit..." 

she immediately placed down the chopping utensil and walked over to the dining table, pulling out two chairs so that we could sit and talk.