Kabanata 63

Please be vigilant of sudden switches in point of view from first person to third person and back to first person.

Kabanata 63

A week had passed after Syllvester and I had our conversation and sorted things out.

Gustong gusto niya nang makita at makasama ang kambal pero isang linggo na rin akong nagtatanong sa dalawa. Lalong lalo na si Aumi.

"Don't you want to meet him, Aumi?" I asked one of my boys gently. Kinandong ko siya habang ang kuya niya naman ay nasa gilid namin.

Aumi cupped my face with his tiny hands, "Mommy, 'di ba siya scary guy na?"

I furrowed my brow and took hold of his hand.

"Why does Aumi find his father scary?" I asked him.

"He's that guy who scolded me right, Mommy?" he somberly voiced.

Pumasok sa isipan ko ang unang pagkikita nila.

"But I thought you didn't recognized him?"

He shook his head, "He's that guy."

"Aumi, your father didn't intend to scold you. Mommy already told you na diba?" my other hand gently touched his hair, softly stroking it.

He pouted and frowned. Huminga ako nang malalim.

"Don't you wish to meet him? Don't you want your father to hold you?"

"Don't you like that?" I teased him.

"Don't you have the desire to play baseball with your father?" I looked up at the ceiling, pretending to contemplate. "I've seen his trophies, and-"

"He plays baseball, Mommy?!" I noticed his eyes light up. His reaction was just like his older brother Douglas when we talked.

I gently nodded and smiled. "And he's a good cook! He would make your favorite dishes."

Humalukipkip ang anak kong si Aumi at sumimangot, "Then, is he rich? How could he afford to buy ingredients if he's broke."

I was left speechless when I heard what he said.

"Aumi, where did you pick that up?" I asked with a serious yet gentle tone.

Bakit ba palagi niyang tinatanong kung may pera o wala si Syllvester? Noong nakaraan tinanong niya rin 'to sa akin.

He pressed his small rosy lips together, "You work every day, so he should, Mommy. Isn't that right?"

If only you knew, your father gave me his black card, and I don't even know before what it means to have one.

"You and your father could have a good conversation about that. How about talking to him and asking him what our Aumi wants to know?" I tilted my head.

He scratched his head and averted his gaze to the side, "And if he scolds me again, I will sumbong him again kay papa lord, Mommy."

He returned his attention to me, holding my cheeks, "Right, Mommy?"

"Alright," I conceded. "So, do you want to meet your father?"

"He should be nice to me," pagmamaktol niya nanaman.

Napapikit ako dahil mauubos ang buhok ko sa pagpapa-amo ng bunso.

Naramdaman ko naman ang paghawak ni Douglas sa kamay ko.

'Mommy, are you talking about him?' ginalaw ni Douglas ang kamay niya.

I gently nodded and kissed his forehead.