Chapter 19: Hot Baths. Warm Hearts. Cold Worlds.

Wicked Plan - Persona 5

"Hey, so...are we really doing this?" Toko asked, "I can't help but think this is a bad idea..."

"You know we already voted unanimously on it, Toko," Komaru reminded her, "you seemed pretty willing yesterday."

"It's not that I don't think Kyoko should see Mementos. Honestly, if she's going to understand our methodology, it's the best shot we've got." the spectacled writer explained, "it's just that you know how dangerous the Metaverse is. And Kyoko doesn't have a Persona, which means if we get attacked by Shadows, we'll have to watch out for her."

"I don't think we have to worry," Shuichi chimed in, "Kyoko is smart. She wouldn't rush into danger headfirst without thinking. If we tell her it's not safe, she'll listen to us."

"Hm...I hope you're right..." Toko sighed, staring at her phone. 

"To be honest, I'm rather excited myself," Shuichi admitted, "this is my first time going to this "Mementos" place you mentioned."

"Not much to it to be honest," Komaru laid back casually on the bench, "it's basically the Palace of the general public, so it's like Kirigiri's but...bigger..."

"How big exactly?" the detective boy inquired.

"No idea," Komaru shrugged, "not even Monomi knows. But like she said yesterday, she doesn't remember who she is or where she came from, and she hopes that by reaching the depths of Mementos, we'll figure all that out."

"Ah...yes...I didn't quite realize before now that Monomi had amnesia..." Shuichi pondered, "that's quite a predicament."

"Yeah, but after all she's done for us, we at least owe her that much..." Toko said, "oh...speaking of which..."

Toko raised her head as the Phantom Thieves' leader, as well as the woman of the hour, showed up and approached them in the park. Kyoko had a rather hefty bag swung around her shoulder.

"Thank you for allowing me this opportunity," she courtesied, "it means a lot to me."

"Oh, no, it's no problem," Komaru smiled, "just...what's with the bag, Kyoko-chan?"

"Makoto here already informed me that enemies attack you inside this "Palace" place," she explained, "so I decided to procure a variety of equipment and medicine for you. The last thing I want to do is be dead weight."

"You didn't have to do that." Shuichi smiled. Kyoko shook her head.

"No, this is the least I can do for you," Kyoko said, "especially since you agreed to my request to take me into this...what did you call it? "Metaverse?""

"That's right," Makoto nodded, "but remember, this isn't just an experiment. We've got work to do."

Suspicion - Persona 5

"Indeed. Let's discuss today's target," Monomi bounded out of Makoto's hoodie and onto Toko's lap, sitting in the middle so that the rest of the thieves could see and (sans Kyoko) hear her, "our target today is a man named Akira Saji!"

"Akira Saji!?" Shuichi gasped, "You mean...the businessman!?"

"You know him?" Komaru asked. Shuichi nodded.

"He's a fairly wealthy businessman who's been making a name for himself amongst the public," he briefly explained, "what did he do?"

"A series of robberies have been taking place in the area of central Shibuya. The burglars have been targeting high-end jewelry stores, and they have been getting away with millions of yen in loot." Makoto explained, "But the police have been unable to catch them because they don't know where the money's going. Any info about transactions is erased before anyone can find them."