Chapter 55: Go, Go, Phantom Thieves! Change Their Hearts and all that stuff...

Become Friends - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

The Sports Day already felt like it was getting into full swing, but at long last, Makoto's first event rolled around. Soccer.

So while he was getting ready for the game, he quickly handed Monomi and the bag she was in over to Kyoko for safekeeping, while he got his boots on and made his way to the bleachers, ready to discuss whatever strategy they had for the game.

Most of the boys in his class had hastily come together for the sake of the team, with an interesting addition. Due to their limited number of players, a boy named Yuta Asahina, Aoi Asahina's younger brother, had agreed to fill in for them. Given that Yuta seemed just as sporty as his sister, the class was glad to have him.

As the coach called everyone in for a final pep talk, the team's captain, Taka, stood tall and delivered a motivational speech that filled his teammates with determination.

"We've trained hard for this moment, and now it's time to show everyone what we're made of!" he declared, his eyes shining with a fierce determination.

Nearby, though, the girls of the Phantom Thieves were having their own party.

"Alright girls! We've got a few new last-minute additions to our squad!" Ibuki Mioda, cheerleading captain, noted Komaru's arrival, who awkwardly waved, "But it don't matter! Soccer's THE cheerleading sport! So I wanna see all ya'll girls give it yo ALL! Also, thanks for showing up, Toko-chan; I actually kinda didn't think you would!"

"Kehahahahaha! Master Byakuya's long legs are suited for stepping on faces and balls!" Genocide Jill cackled. Ibuki also cackled.

"I'm going to repress the fact that you said that!" she beamed, "Now let's get started! Cheer for your classmates as loud as you can! No! LOUDER!"

Her instructions made absolutely no sense, but Komaru and Kaede were very easily able to roll with them. The first match was going to be Kaede's class and Makoto's class against one another, and the crowd was patiently waiting for them to get ready on the pitch.

Kaede was going to cheer for her own class since she wanted them to win, but at the same time, she didn't especially want Makoto's class to lose either.

"Oh, Kaede! Here to cheer for us?"

Kaede turned to see who was talking to her. It was the captain of her class's team, the Ultimate Adventurer, Rantaro Amami.

"I didn't know that you'd joined the cheerleading squad. There's supporting your class, and then there's this."

"Aw, quit flattering me. I just felt it'd be fun, that's all," she giggled, "Good luck out there. Remember, I'll be cheering you on."

"We don't have any athletes on our team, so I dunno if we can win..." Rantaro smiled, "But we're gonna do our best! Cheer loud for us!"

"Will do!" Kaede winked.

Beautiful Morning - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

As the cheerleaders were getting set up, Kyoko and Monomi watched the game from a distance. Despite bleachers being prepared for the students use only, the Ultimate Detective instead chose to observe the game perched atop a brick wall a fair distance away. The rabbit jittered excitedly, clearly looking forward to watching Makoto show off his skills in the game.

"We're a little bit far away, aren't we?" Monomi asked, looking up at the detective, "Surely moving closer wouldn't hurt?"

"This is far enough," Kyoko said, "Just give me a moment to compose myself. Large crowds and lots of people have always interrupted my thoughts."