Chapter seven - I'm guilty

Two weeks have passed and there's still no sign of Jarred. Ever since he raped me, he didn't show up the next day.

Last week, Barry transferred me to a new room which is quite larger than where I used to before. I'm no longer tied to a chair however, there is lesser window in the room. Although there's a small opening that will let air in for me to breathe.

Now that Jarred's gone, I could barely eat. I mean, Barry feeds me but the food is not even enough and is not of best quality. Barry continued to hit me in the back using the same belt as before. Now, flies usually land on my wounds.

I do admit that I miss Jarred. He was the only one that made me feel safe. He kept on feeding me even though it's not part of the deal. I really wanted to tell him that it's okay and that I really forgive him.

Here I am. Staying in the corner. Wishing to rewind time. Until one dark evening when I heard the door open. A small light came in to the room and I could see his shadow. I secretly wished it was Jarred.

I got up and slowly backed away. "Sarah." It's Barry. Hope slowly faded away when I realized that it wasn't Jarred. I heard him laugh. "You're still wishing for Jarred to come aren't you?" He asked and I didn't answer.

Then he went closer, to the point that I could already see him. "You love him?" He asked, crossing his arms and leaning to the wall. I didn't answer him.

Then he took the belt out from his pants and I knew that he was gonna hit me with it. I held my hands up high in order to protect myself. "No please!" I yelled but then, he started hitting me again. I shouted as Barry continued hitting me.

"Jarred!!" I yelled out for his name only making Barry hit me even more. It lasted for about 20 minutes before he finally let go. "I'm not talking to a brick wall, O'Neill." He glared at me, before walking away. A few minutes later, I heard the door shut.

I crouched to the ground and held my knees together. Then I started crying. "Why didn't you come?" I mumbled to myself and at the same time, crying. I buried my face into my palms and my sobs echoed through the walls.

I continued crying until I heard the door open again.

I didn't bother to look who it was because I knew that it's Barry. "Sarah?" Jarred. He only came now?! I heard his footsteps going nearer but I didn't look at him.

I could feel his presence already in front of me. Then he squat on the floor. He tilted my chin up but still, I didn't look at him. "Hey." He said and I didn't answer. "I'm back." He continued to say.

"I'm sorry-" He said but I interrupted him. I started to punch him many times and he covered himself using his hands. "I thought you would be there when I needed you." I continued to say and he tried explaining but I continued punching him.

"You're a bastard!" I yelled and this time, he no longer protested. Until he held my hands and that was when I stopped. "Enough!" He raised his voice and I cried. "I'm sorry okay?" He said, raising his voice.

"Why? Why didn't you show up?" I asked him. He look down before looking up at me straight into my eyes. "I'm still guilty."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hi!! Sorry for not updating and sorry also if this chapter is quite short. I've already started school and it has only been two days and I'm already tired. :/

Anyways, hope y'all are well and message me if you spotted some mistakes. :)