Chapter twelve - Hospital

"He needs a large amount of blood." The man said and my eyes widened. I managed to move a bit closer to the wall so I could hear better. "So? What do you want me to do?" I heard Barry say. Is he kidding me?! Isn't it obvious?

"Donate blood." The man replied and I heard Barry laugh. "There in no way I'm doing that." He said and I was shocked.

Is he fucking kidding me?!

"But he needs blood, Barry." The man said and I heard Barry groan. "I would rather have someone else to take in my place." He said and I face palmed.

Suddenly, I heard his footsteps going nearer. I quickly went back to my position before. A few minutes later, the door opened. He stood there, looking at me and I nodded. He rolled his eyes before untying me and uncovering my mouth.

When I was finally able to get up, he grabbed something from a drawer. I managed to peek to see what it was.

"Barry!" I heard the man yell. "Hold on!" Barry yelled back.

He walked nearer to me and threw a small rubber band. "Bun your hair." He commanded me.

I looked at it then to him, "But-"

"I said, bun your hair." He raised his voice and I nodded. I reluctantly bunned my hair, even though I'm not quite good at it. It's usually my mom who'll do the job.

After I finished doing my hairstyle, he handed me a small cap. "Put it on." He told me and I nodded.

After I was finished, he signaled me to follow him. I followed him down the hall and to the living room.

Near by the door was an old man.

His hair was almost covered with gray hair and he had blue eyes. His hair is quite messy and had wrinkles. Once he saw me, he furrowed his eyebrows as if there's something suspicious at me. I guess it's because of my messy appearance and my incredibly thin body. I nodded and tried to get my head low.

"Who's this?" The man asked, pointing at me. "My cousin." Barry replied, confidently. Barry held my hand and I kept my head down to the floor. The old man looked at me then to Barry. "She'll donate blood." Barry said and I bit my lip. The man looked at me again and then to the Barry, who raised one of his eyebrows.

"How old is she?" The man asked. "Ugh! Stop asking stupid questions. I found a blood donor isn't that enough?" Barry raised his voice, scaring me. "No. Answer my last question first before I'll bring her in." The man said, confidently and then he crossed his arms. Barry paused before saying anything. "She's sixteen." He said.

Pause.

"Okay." The man said and Barry pushed me towards him. The man was quick enough to catch me from falling. "Chillax, Barry." He told Barry and Barry rolled his eyes.

The man was kind enough to help me get up.

"Hey," Barry called the man and the man turn around. "Keep an eye on her. Or else." He furrowed his eyebrows and the man nodded. Barry then slammed the door shut.

The man looked at me and his eyes were filled with pity. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded 'yes'. "Are you sure?" He asked and I gave him a faint smile.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said.

"Come with me." The man grabbed my hand. I walked with him down the hall. I also started to look around, trying to familiarize the place.

We got in to the elevator and I tried to be quiet as possible. The whole elevator ride was silent. It's because I'm scared if I'll do anything wrong that might trigger Barry to do something more major.