Chapter twenty-one - Maureen's lesson

I did not sleep or at least rest on that day and the few days after that. I was way too depressed with what's going on around my hellish world.

It's been like almost a month and Jarred hasn't showed up. I guess, Barry's preventing him from doing so. The good thing though is that Barry offered me food yesterday and two days ago.

I stood in the corner and haven't moved since. Enjoying the sounds of the cars passing by that I couldn't even see. Thinking of what my family is doing right now. Wondering whether they're still looking for me or not. I also wonder whether Louis, Frank and Joan, my three remaining friends, are enjoying or maybe they're also looking for me.

They say that sometimes you have to go through the deepest darkness in order to achieve greater light. It's easy for some people to say that simply because they've never been through it.

My life has been filled with loneliness lately.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when the door swung open. Barry came out, bringing with him a plate. My face lit up at the sight of the plate.

I tried getting up but struggled to do so due to my weak body. After a few minutes later, I was finally able to do so. I fixed myself by wiping off the dusts on my shorts and prepared to face Barry. I watched Barry's figure walked nearer to me.

He's still his usual self: black shirt, black pants and black boots with tattoos all around him. Once he reached me, he handed me the plate. This time, he handed it to me gently because usually, he would just throw the plate on the floor causing the food to be scattered.

I looked at it, and it was just plain rice. But, who cares right? I immediately grabbed the plate and ate it with my bare hands. While eating, I could feel Barry looking at me weirdly.

Why?

I stopped eating and looked up to him. He raised an eyebrow at me and I nodded. "What's wrong with you?" He asked. "Why?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Continue eating." He said and I nodded as I continued eating. While I was eating, I could feel him still looking at me. To be honest, I hate people looking at me while I'm eating. I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore,  "Why do you keep on looking at me?" I asked, worried that he might torture me again.

"There's something weird about you lately." He said, his tone filled with curiosity. I paused for a while, and I could feel my heart starting to beat fast as he walked even nearer to me.

"Get up." He commanded and I nodded as I get up. He started walking in circles around me and started scanning me from up and down. All of a sudden, his eyes were fixed on my stomach. He stopped walking and raises an eyebrow as he looks at my stomach then to me.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked and my eyes widened. I look down to my stomach then back at him. "I-I-" I stuttered until I decided not to continue.

To be honest, I'm quite nervous. What if I'm really pregnant though?

Barry eyed me, "Tell me the truth." He raised his voice, scaring me. I nodded since I did not know what to reply. Then he furrowed his eyebrows before walking away. He stomped his way towards the door and slamming it as he closes it.

I buried my face with my palms, not because I'm going to cry, but because I'm nervous. I'm not ready to become a mom.

I opened my shirt to get a clear view of my stomach. I started touching it and somewhat analyzing if I really am pregnant. My stomach's quite hard and there's a small bump.

My eyes widened, I feel like my world's spinning like crazy. I put my head between my knees and started crying.

"Why?" I mumbled to myself until Barry came back in with Maureen beside him. Barry stayed by the door while Maureen walked up to me, "Get up." She commanded me and I did so.