Chapter thirty-two - family

"Are you serious?" I asked her and she laughed. "Oh hell yes. I remember trying to smack at him at the court." She said, smiling. "He actually went to jail?" I asked.

"Yeah for two years only though. He spent about a month in rehab and after that, he tried asking me out for a date." She explained and I look down. "The thing is love has no limits. Remember?" She told me and I smiled. "I'm actually quite troubled on how will I tell my mom about this. I think she might be disappointed when she finds out that her daughter's in love with her captor." I said as tears slowly dropped.

"I'm sure your mom will understand." She said and I nodded.

Our conversation was then interrupted when the phone rang. "I'll get it." I said as I wipe away my tears. I went over to where the phone was and answered it. "Hello?"

"Sarah," it's my mom.

"Mom?"

"Yes sweetheart. We're already here in New York. Where are you staying right now?" She asked, her tone really tells that she was excited. I smiled and then I mouthed to Lisa the word 'address'.

"2700 Hudson street, Brooklyn, New York." Lisa said and I mouthed her thank you.

"2700 Hudson street, Brooklyn, New York. I'm currently staying with an incredibly nice couple." I said and I looked over to Lisa and winked. Lisa's expression made it obvious that she's kind of flattered.

"Okay sweetheart, we'll be there." My mom said and then she hung up. Then I look over to Lisa and she was smiling. "Thank you by the way for that comment. I really appreciate it, really." She said and I laughed. "You're welcome." I winked and she laughed.

"I guess you're very excited now and I suggest that you should take a rest for a while. I'm sure your mom will be here in a minute." She said and I nodded. "Any suggestions on what I should do?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know with you." She answered and I nodded. "Don't you have a job?" I asked. "I do. It's just that my shift is this afternoon." She answered and I nodded.

"You can watch TV while waiting." She told me and I nodded. I followed what she said and headed towards the living room. There was nothing really nice to watch. Until I changed the channel to CNN and my jaw dropped as soon as I saw the news.

"Suspect of the kidnapping of Sarah O'Neill finally caught," says the reporter and then a picture of Jarred flashed. My heart literally sank.

"Jarred Fernandez, turns himself over to the New York Police Department yesterday and admits to kidnapping the 16-year-old. According to Fernandez that although he kidnapped O'Neill, his brother is the mastermind. He also says that O'Neill is not with him but assured that she's alive-" I couldn't bear to watch any longer and I immediately turned the TV off.

I buried my face with my palms and began sobbing. "Sarah? Are you okay?" Lisa stepped into the scene. I'm obviously not okay.

"He's arrested." I told her and she gasped. "Jarred?" She asked. "Yeah. He happened to turn over himself at the police and now, they got him." I said and she sat down to me. Lisa gave me a motherly type of hug, "I'm sorry, sweetheart." She said.

Our moment of silence was then interrupted by a knock on the door. I got up and headed towards the door. As soon as I open it, my mom, my sister and my dad were there. "Welcome home!" They all screamed in unison which made me smile.

All of them were wearing party hats and Laura and dad were carrying balloons while mom was holding a sign which says 'Welcome home our angel'.

"Hey guys." I said, smiling. The three of them went in and Laura began scanning me. A few seconds later, her smile quickly faded. I know why.

"Sarah, you're pregnant?" She asked with a worried look. "Yeah." I answered with a sigh. "What have they done to you?" Dad asked and I was already brainstorming on what to say. Until, Lisa stood up and cleared her throat.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I know it's a boring chapter or update. Tell me if you found a mistake. I've been very lazy lately and I've ran out of ideas.

PS I'm addicted to Sam Claflin. He's pretty hot. ;)