Chapter fifteen - I love you

"Maureen?" I asked, confused on why is she here. She smirked and then winked. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"Because I knew you would be here." She said, still smirking. I raised an eyebrow then suddenly, Barry came in to the scene. He put his arms around Maureen. Then he kissed her on her cheeks and then it all made sense.

My eyes widened and slowly backed away.

They were in a relationship the whole time! No wonder Barry got the idea of choosing me as his captive. I looked at Barry, who's smirking, then to Maureen, who's still smirking as well.

I furrowed my eyebrows at Maureen. "How could you?" I asked her. How could she betray me? I slowly backed away a little more. I tried hiding my tears but I couldn't. It's like they always find a way to come out.

"How could you do this to me?" I asked Maureen. How could she betray me? What did I even do to her? She chuckled evily and walked nearer to me. "Try asking asking yourself Sarah." She said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Frank," she said and I became confused even more. "Yeah? What about Frank?" I replied and she rolled her eyes. Then she shoved me, causing me to lose balance.

I haven't eaten for a few days that's why my weight is so light.

"I loved Frank but the problem is...he's in love with you." She said and my eyes widened. Frank's in love with me? No wonder he's been so overprotective towards me.

"I told him that I loved him but he refused because he loves you." She continued and I nodded. So she wants revenge.

"Revenge isn't always the answer, Maureen." I explained and she chuckled. Then her smile quickly faded, "Sometimes it is." She furrowed her eyebrows at me and I nodded.

She gave me an evil smile and so did Barry before the two left, leaving me alone. Once they've closed the door, everything became dark since it was already nighttime.

I immediately fell on my knees. I couldn't believe it. My very own best friend just betrayed me. She was a fake the whole time. I buried my face with my palms and started crying.

As much as I didn't want to cry, I couldn't help myself anymore. I want to go home so bad.

"Sarah?" I heard a male voice. The voice kind of sounds familiar. After the door closed, I started to look around. Then I heard something fell on the floor. "Hello?" I replied.

"Sarah, it's me." Jarred.

"Jarred, where are you?" I immediately got up and used the lights coming through small openings in order to find him. Until a small flash of light came out and I saw him.

"Sarah." He faintly said, he was struggling to walk. I ran up to him and helped him. I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Oh my god." I said, while hugging me.

When both of us finally let go, he groaned in pain. I completely forgot that he has a wound. "I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?" I asked him.

"It's fine." He answered. But he was still in pain. "Why are you out of the hospital already?" I asked him. "Because I'm fine now?" He shrugged and I nodded.

The two of us hugged each other. The hug lasted a little longer than a normal one. From that woman, I knew that I was in love with him.

We let go and then we looked into each other's eyes. His green eyes are like heaven. They kind of twinkle when you look at them. We slowly leaned closer.

He put his hands unto my cheeks and pulled me closer. Then our lips closed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my hip.

After a few minutes later, we let go. I backed a little, shocked of what I just did. Jarred looked at me, shocked as well. Then he looked down on the floor, "I can't be with you." He said.

I put my right palm on his cheek and nodded 'no'. "I don't care what you are, Jarred." I said and he looked at me with pity.

Then we hugged each other again. Somehow, I felt safe when he hugged me.

"I'll find a way out for you." He said. We were interrupted when the door suddenly opened. We immediately let go and we turn around to see Maureen, shocked.

"So? In love with your captor I see." She said, raising an eyebrow. Oh how I wish I could punch her right now.

Jarred held my hands tighter and he furrowed his eyebrows at Maureen. "Fuck you Maureen." He said. "Fuck you too." Maureen then flashed the middle finger before leaving.

Jarred then looked at me and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "I'm gonna get you of here okay?" He told me.

"Jarred-"

"I'm gonna make an escape plan for you." He continued.

"Jarred please!" I raised my voice this time and he stopped. "If you'll set me free, there's a possibility that I will never see you again." I said and his face dropped.

Then he smiled, "You'll be free." He said. My heart sank when he mentioned the word 'free'. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I love you, Jarred." I finally spit out and he let go. He froze as he looked at me in the eye. He looks shocked and didn't know what to say. "What?" He asked.

"I love you." I said and he was speechless.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey y'all's!! Hope all of you are well. I'm really tired right now after an incredibly long awful day.

Message or comment if you spotted a mistake.

Also, please check out my dear friend, TrixieK 's story ---> What am I? It's really nice!