Chapter eight - because I love you

"Don't be guilty." I said and he nodded. We hugged each other. Oh how I miss his manly smell. "I'll be there next time." He said.

"You happy?" We heard Barry's voice and both of us turn around and saw Barry standing by the door. He seems to be jealous but why would he? Jarred stood in front of me and he put me behind him.

Then he laughed, "Do you really think that the two of you will have a happy ever after?" He asked, smirking and Jarred rolled his eyes. "Pfft. You will never have it." He said and started to walk away.

"Why not try reaching it, brother?" Jarred said, making Barry to stop. He turn around and furrowed his eyebrows at his brother. He glared at Jarred before shutting the door.

Jarred looked at me and smiled, showing off his dimples. This is the first time that I've probably seen him smile this wide. I mean, he does smile in the past days but it was quite faint.

"I will never ever leave you again." He said, emphasizing the 'ever'. I smiled and he leaned closer then kissed me. Then he let go after a few seconds and we stared at each other, in shock.

"Sorry, uhh...you're gonna hate me after this." He said, nodding. I nodded 'no' and he looked at me, confused. "Why would I?" I asked him. Then he backed away and looked down on the floor. "I'm a criminal, Sarah. You shouldn't be trusting me or befriending me." He said, turning his back.

"I don't think you are, Jarred." I said and he nodded then looked up to me. Then he sat down, squatting on the floor. I followed him afterwards.

"I'm gonna tell you something." He said and I became interested even more. Prediction, it's about his life. "What?" I asked.

Both of us squatted down on the floor.

"My dad is from Cuba. Moved to Mexico as a child and for some reason, as a teenager, he started to smuggle drugs to the U.S. soil," he said. He paused before continuing. "That's how he met my mom, who was a smuggler as well." He continued. That's why he was never happy with his life.

"Barry followed them because, that's the way how we were raised and...he thought that it's the right thing to do. He raped girls before and he wants me to do it also." He said. Then he rolled his sleeves up, showing off his large ship tattoo on one of his shoulders. "I never wanted this. I know that it isn't right." He said, as if he wants to cry.

"I'm gonna say it again. You have a choice, Jarred." I said and he chuckled. "Nobody would even believe me. I'm a criminal. The son of two smugglers." He said, flashing his two fingers. "You can always change it." I said.

He nodded 'no'. "I can't change it. It's way too late." He said and this time, I'm the one who said 'no'. "It's never too late. Prove them that, you can change-"

"Exactly how?" He asked, raising his voice which kind of scared me. Even though he's incredibly nice, when he raises his voice, he can be really scary. I slowly backed away from him because to be honest, I quite freaked out when he raised his voice. He sounds scary!

I didn't answer him, I just simply nodded. "Sorry for raising my voice." He said, nodding. I finally calmed down, "I understand." I said.

Then silence.

"Umm...why not tell me about that ship tattoo of yours?" I asked him, pointing at his large tattoo. "Oh this? These are just one of my stupid tattoos." He said and I chuckled. "I mean, does it have a meaning?" I asked him.

He bit his lip, "Nothing really. I just thought that it might kind of look cool on me." He said and I smiled. I've never seen him so shy. He looks cute anyways. "If you don't mind, how old are you Jarred?" I asked.

"21 and getting old." He joked and I faintly laughed. "What about Barry?" I asked. "He's 27." He answered and I nodded.

"Do you love someone, Sarah?" He asked me, with all seriousness in his voice.

I bit my lip because I couldn't answer. Then I decided to tell the truth. "No. Why would you ask?" I asked him.

"Because I'm in love with you." He said.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Wahh!!!!! JARRED CONFESSED!! Basically, I was suppose to update last night but then, I couldn't because I was really tired. I slept early and then woke up early. Spent an hour watching videos on YouTube and now, here I am! Ha!

Btw, please see the edited version of chapter two. Also, please see my friend, TrixieK 's story. It's really nice!

Anyways, vote, comment and maybe, tell your friends. ;) Message me if you spotted some mistakes.