Chapter twenty-six - pregnancy goes on

[a/n: I don't know anything about pregnancy so please forgive me if I mess up something.]

I'm still speechless.

Until I heard her sigh, "Don't tell him. He doesn't know. He treats women like shit." She said and I totally agree. She walked nearer to me, "You ready?" She asked and I nodded 'yes'.

She started scanning the machine across my stomach. A few minutes later, a small little heartbeat could be heard and an image of a small fetus could be seen on the monitor.

"There's your little guy." She said and I smiled. "Who's the dad?" She asked and my smile faded. She seemed to notice that I wasn't feeling okay. She turned the scanner off and sat down beside me. "You okay? Sorry if I asked." She said and she put her hand on my lap.

"Does he know?" He asked. I don't know whether I should tell her the truth. Jarred doesn't even know he's having a child. "Umm...no." I replied, trying to hold back my tears.

She gave me a small hug, "It's going to be okay. We have the same story. You know what my technique is? All you have to do is simply to be brave." She said and I gave her a faint smile. She helped me get up and I fixed myself.

"By the way, come back here next month." She said and I nodded 'yes'. As I walked through the door, I stopped and faced her. "Thanks." I said and she winked at me.

I walked outside and found Barry sitting comfortably on the torn waiting chair, reading an old magazine. As soon as he saw me, "You done?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied, softly. He got up, put his hands behind his pocket and walks out.

I followed him and I stood still, waiting for him to warm up the van. While waiting, I started to look around. I saw some people walking around so happily and I had this voice in my head telling me to run.

I looked at Barry then back to the surroundings.

No. I'm not going away.

"Sarah, don't make me go there." Barry said, raising his voice. I nodded as I walked towards the car. Barry opened the door for me, and I got in.

I settled inside and made myself comfortable. Barry then started driving a few minutes later. "What did Veina say?" Barry asked. "She said that I should come back next month." I replied and he nodded.

*****
I felt a hand slap me on my cheek and I opened my eyes. "Get up." Barry told me. I nodded as I get up. We were already inside this huge garage. This house must be really big.
I followed Barry into the hall and into the same room where I slept.

Upon reaching the room, Barry immediately shoved me inside. At least this time it's not violent. Once I was already inside, Barry slammed the door shut and locked it from outside. Great. I'm going to be trapped here again. I didn't bother to protest because I knew he would do it anyways.

I looked around before lying down on the bed and stared unto the ceiling with both of my hands at the back of my head.

As usual, I was daydreaming about random stuffs. Mostly were memories of my family. How we bonded and how my sister and I used to fight a lot. Everything was good until the thought of Jarred came.

The way he used to feed me almost everyday. Also how we spent two days together in a bed. The way he tells me jokes that never made any sense at all. God. I miss that curly haired and green eyed beauty.

I wonder where he is right now. Well, I just hope that he's fine.

The door opened a few minutes later and I got up. Barry came in, bringing with him again a take-out food. He looked at me and I nodded. He simply put the food on top of the small table and eyed me. "Don't you dare ever try to get out. Or else...you know what'll happen to you." He glared at me and I nodded.

He slammed the door shut again, leaving me alone. Once alone, I got up and headed towards where the food was. I picked it up and squat on the floor. I opened the box and I think I just saw heaven.

There was 2 chicken fillet and of course, rice. I smiled and rubbed my hands together as I prepare to eat. I didn't bother to use the plastic spoon and fork that was inside the package and just continued eating using my bare hands.

I finished both the meal in just a few minutes. As usual, even though I finished both, I'm still hungry. Typical thing for a pregnant woman. I sighed as I fixed the mess that I made. I looked for a trash can, where I can put my trashes.

Unfortunately, there wasn't. So I just simply put them at the side. After doing so, I lied back down and fell asleep within a few minutes later.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I know it's a very short chapter and a very boring one. I'm sorry for that. I've been very busy lately because of projects (as usual), intramurals and school choir. I often arrive at home, already very tired. So yeah.

I might do a time jump on the next chapter.

Anyways, message me if you spotted a mistake.