Chapter twenty-five - Barry's son

[a/n: Jennifer Morrison plays Dr. Veina :)]

I look at myself in the mirror. To be honest, I don't like my new look but Maureen did a great job in cutting my hair.

It took forever for Maureen to finish my haircut. My hair has now blonde streaks and is in a pixie cut. She smiled at the finished product while I just nodded. Afterwards, she went out and Barry came in.

He seemed tired and was bringing a McDonald's take-out box. I raised an eyebrow at the take-out box. He walked nearer and then handed it to me and my eyebrows met. Why is he handing me this stuff?

"If you want to eat then take it." He said, rolling his eyes. Deep inside, I'm shocked. Who would've thought Barry would give me this kind of food?

I grabbed it, slowly and opened the box. Inside it were 6 pieces of chicken nuggets, some French fries, and a chocolate sundae. My eyes widened and looked back to Barry, who's smirking. "Thanks." I said. It was all I could say because I was speechless.

"It's for my nephew." He said, with pleasure in his tone. I smiled to myself. I don't care if it's not for me but the fact that he's doing it for his soon-to-be nephew.

I ate the food and to my surprise, I finished all of them in just a short period of time. Despite that, I'm still hungry. But I didn't bother to ask Barry because I was scared that he might get mad.

Damn pregnancy.

But it seems that my emotion is quite obvious. "You're still hungry aren't you?" He asked. I turn around and gave him a questioned face, trying not to make it obvious. "It's obvious that you're still hungry." He said, crossing his arms and leaning unto the wall.

I nodded and he chuckled. I look down on the floor until Barry touched my shoulder. "Here's another one." He said as he hands me another box.

Although speechless, "Thanks..." I said. I opened the box and containing it were the same food from the previous one.

The same thing that I did to the other one, I finished it all and I was still very hungry. Damn pregnancy.

I look back to Barry and he raised an eyebrow. "Thanks, Barry." I said and he nodded. "Get some sleep." He told me and I look at the bed that was beside me then back to him.

"There?" I asked. I still couldn't believe that he's doing this. "What do you want? The floor?" He replied sarcastically and I nodded. I got up and lied down on the bed.

It has been a long time since the last time I've lied down on a bed, which was the night before I was kidnapped.

The bed's not the type of bed that you would like to lied down. But who cares right? I lied down without regrets and a few minutes later, I fell asleep.

****

"Psst," I heard a voice and I opened my eyes. Barry was standing on top of me. "Good morning."  He whispered and to be honest, I feel weird. Seeing him on top of me, shirtless, is so eww.

My eyes widened at the sight and he chuckled thus giving out a foul odor coming from his mouth. Does he even brush his teeth?

"Hi," I said, softly then he finally got off. "What time is it?" I asked. "7 o'clock." He answered. Wow. Way too early.

Then he went out, leaving me alone. Maureen came in a few minutes later. She gave me a faint smile and I nodded. She started taking out some clothes from the cabinet.

"What kind of shirt do you want to wear?" She asked, while scrolling. "Anything will do." I answered and she nodded. She continued scrolling until her face lit up a few minutes later. "Aha! What about this one?" She asked with a huge grin on her face and while showing me the shirt that she chose.

It was just a gray sweatshirt but I don't really care about the design though. I nodded, "That will do." I told her.

She went back to the cabinet, "And...your pants will be this." She showed me a pair of black stretchable pants. I faintly smiled, "It's nice." I said, not knowing what to say.

"Why don't you try them on?" She asked and I nodded. I got up and put on the clothes. Luckily, they're a perfect fit to my growing stomach. "Perfecto! Come on." She said, grabbing my hand. This will be the second time that I'm going out.

I'm nervous because what if I'll mess up? I'm pretty sure that Barry will kill me if I did. Maureen then led me to the parking space. Maureen did not bother in covering my eyes and I was able to look around at the place.

I later realized that this isn't just a warehouse or something. It was more of like an abandoned mansion or an incredibly big old house.

"Hi Sarah," Barry winked at me and I nodded. Maureen opened the door for means I gave her a smile. "Bye." She said and I nodded. I expected her to come but then I remembered that she has to go to school.

I watched her figure slowly disappear as the car moved.

The whole car ride was quiet. Despite that, I enjoyed watching the cars go by. I smiled because I finally got to see cars after all those weeks. While waiting for the traffic sign to say go, the sight of a police car caught me.

I wanted to go out and tell them but I'm scared. I nodded as the car went on.

I heard Barry chuckle, "You're looking perfectly fine today." He said, smirking and I rolled my eyes. "A perfect body for a pregnant woman." He said and my eyebrows met.

I wanted to talk back but I can't. I'm scared.

A few minutes later, we finally arrived. The clinic wasn't really that big though but who cares right? We entered the clinic and to my surprise, we're the first costumers. The seat for the waiting patients were filled with dusts. I have to wipe them off and my hand became gray. Secondly, there were trashes on the floor.

"Veina!" Barry yelled. "Hold on!" A woman's voice replied. Then a few minutes later, a woman with a blonde wavy hair came out and as soon as she saw me, she narrowed her eyes. "Who's this?" She asked pointing at me.

"This is my cousin, Sarah." He said and I nodded. She walked nearer to me and scanned me for a moment. "Hi nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Veina Higgins." She gave me a pitiful smile and I still nodded.

I heard her sigh, "So, what brings you here?" Veina asked. "Sarah happens to be pregnant." Barry said, rolling his eyes and Veina nodded. "Come here." She told me and I followed her.

"Lie down." She instructed me and I did so. She started setting up something while I just lied down. "So, how old are you? You seemed young." She said and I bit my lip. "I'm sixteen." I said and she stopped.

She raises her eyebrow, "Are you sure?" She asked and I nodded 'yes'.  "At least you're sixteen." She said while continuing to set up something. I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean, miss?" I asked. "I had my son when I was only thirteen. Three years younger than yours." She said and walked nearer to me.

"Are you together with the dad?" I asked. "The dad is the person who brought you here." She said, crossing her arms and my eyes widened.

Barry's a dad.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hi!! Sorry for the late update! I've been very lazy. So hope you enjoy this one. I think I'll be publishing a new story soon. :)

Message me if you spotted a mistake. I'm too lazy to check again. :P