Chapter thirteen - not all people are the same

"Jarred?" I asked. I went in and saw him lying down, sleeping soundly. He had dextrose, oxygen in his nose, his face were pale which kind of bothered me. I hate seeing him like this. Seeing him like this is like a knife has pierced my heart.

I grabbed a chair and put it next to his bed. I sat down and look down on Jarred. I looked at the monitor that shows his heartbeat. At least, that it's still beating. I look back to him. I bit my lip, before saying anything.

"Hey, I don't know if you can hear me...I just wanted to say that...thank you for everything. I know this might some cliché, but I swear, it's been like hell without you," I swallowed my saliva before continuing. "When you were with me, I feel like...I don't want to go home anymore because I have you. Jarred I just wanted to say-" I was interrupted when the door suddenly swung open.

I turn around to see a mad looking Barry. My eyes widened and so did his. "What the fuck are you doing here?!" He yelled. "I'm sorry." I said and I look down.

He walked towards me and grabbed my hand, violently. "What did I tell you?" He raised his voice and my heart started to beat faster. "Please, I won't do it again." I tried apologizing.

"You're dead." He said but I knew it already. He grabbed my hand and headed towards the door. But another hand grabbed me. It was cold and I look up to Barry, whose eyes widened. I turn around to see Jarred, fully awake.

"Don't." He told his brother with authority. Although he was pale, he managed to look fierce. "Jarred-" Barry tried explaining.

"Let her go." He eyed his brother and Barry gave in. He let me go and then simply walked out of the room, slamming the door loudly. I turn around and smiled at Jarred. He smiled back weakly.

I sat back down and held his hand. "You know, you should lie back down." I told him and he nodded. Once he lied down, he took a deep breath. Then he looked back at me, "I heard you." I look at him and my eyes widened. I feel embarrassed.

He laughed and to be honest, I kind of smiled when he laughed. He's the type of person who still smiles even though he's in pain.

"You actually think I was dead?" He asked, smiling wide. "No! Why would I?" I replied and he laughed. The laugh soon quickly faded.

"Tell me what he did to you." He said. My smile faded as well and I look down as tears started to form in my eyes. "Hey, you're free to tell me everything." He said.

"Umm...he raped me twice." I said and his eyes widened. "What?" He asked and I managed to smile. "Don't worry, I'm not pregnant." I joked but he didn't smile.

"I'm sorry that you have to experience that." He said but he doesn't have to apologize. I mean, he did nothing. "It's nothing." I said and he nodded.

"I feel dizzy." He said. "Shit really?" I got up and headed towards the door. When I opened it, the one and only Barry was there. He got up, "What's going on?" He asked.

"Jarred, he's-" but before I could continue, he pushed me aside and went in. "Jarred?" He asked with worry in his tone. Jarred was not able to respond immediately because he was already starting be weakened.

"Call the nurse." He commanded and I did what he told me to do. "Help please!" I yelled. A nurse came to me, "What do you need miss?" She asked. I pointed to her Jarred who was slowly becoming unconscious.

"Hold on." She said then she ran down the hall. "Can't you be a bit faster?" Barry glared at me. "I already told a nurse." I said and Barry rolled his eyes.

A few minutes later, a few nurses came back to aid Jarred.

"Miss and sir? Can you please stay outside?" One of the nurses told me and both Barry and I nodded. Both of us went outside in unison.

Barry suddenly grabbed my hand and we headed to the car park. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Going back." He said.

"But-" I tried protesting.

"Shut up!" He raised his voice which gained some states from some people. We walked down the hall until we reached the car park.

Once we reached his car, he immediately shoved me inside causing me to hit my head. "Ouch!" Then he tied my hands together and covered my eyes using a towel.

"Where are we going?" I asked but Barry ignored me.

***
"Wake up!" I heard Barry's voice. "Where are we?" I asked. "Heaven." He answered and I nodded. My hands were still tied but this time they're connected to a rope that's also hanged on the ceiling.

I heard a whipping sound, questions in my head started to rise. "What's that?" I asked. "A surprise." He said. After that, he started to hit my back using a belt.

"Ouch!" I yelled. Barry continued to hit me and I started crying. It's like he enjoys doing it. The sting that the whipping resulted was unbearable. I could feel the blood dripping from my back. He finally stopped after about ten minutes. I could hear his footsteps walking away but then they stopped. He hit me one more time before finally walking away. He left the room because I heard the door closed.

I was still tied up and couldn't see. I started to cry really hard because I couldn't take it anymore. Later on, flies are gonna surround the wounds at my back.

Suddenly, I heard the door open again.

Barry hit me once again and then began kissing me. "Barry, why are you doing this?" I asked him again.

"Stop asking me that question!" He yelled then hit me again. "You can have other jobs than this." I told him again and then he hit me. "Please Barry." I said and this time, he hit me hard.

I cried again and he laughed. "The bitch is crying." He said and then he hit me one more time. I personally feel like my back skin is about to rip out.

"Don't ever try to escape." He whispered then took out the cover in my eyes. Then he punched my face, creating a bruise on my cheek.

He went back out again.

Once alone, the first thing that I asked myself was, 'Why is he doing this?'. Why can't he be like Jarred?

I guess, not all people are the same.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Ahh!! FRIDAY IS HERE. It's been a stressful week. Especially next week. Ugh! School life. Wish me luck!

Anyways, hope all of you are well. Message me or notify me if ever you spotted a mistake. I'm just too lazy to check. So yeah. What do y'all think of the new cover?

Btw, please check out my friend, TrixieK 's story. It's really nice! If you're interested in angels or demons, her story is the best story to read. ;)