Chapter 20: Fire

Monochrome

Chapter 20

Fire

Ariel watched as they pulled Ingo out from his hiding spot and slammed him onto the hood of a car. They spoke to him and turned and watched the house.

Was she a show to them? This whole thing was starting to get sad for her. She looked down at herself and then back out of the window. She had to get out of there. Ingo wasn't going to help her. No one was going to save her.

Smoke filled up her room incredibly fast. She could see the fire right down below her. This wasn't good, she grabbed her chains and began to pull at the radiator. Well at least the room wasn't freezing anymore.

There was a creek and she slammed down on the ground. The radiator had come loose from the wall. Which meant old smelly oils were spraying from it now. She opened the window and looked down. She was way too high up.

"Ariel!" Ingo looked up watching Ariel cough heavily.

"Ingo! They're going to sell Akari!"

Ingo understood her desire to save her baby. This was actually a good sign. He was rather worried that she might begin to loath Akari because of her father.

"Emmet has gone after her. I'm coming up." Ingo yelled out.

"Oh you're coming huh?" The man who had him held down laughed. "How do you plan on doing that?" Ingo was still being pushed down onto the hood of his vehicle.

"I am not often known for fighting with double battles, but it would seem that I must." He dropped two pokeballs and out popped his pokemon. The soft purple glow of his Chandelure glaring down at the man in front of them. Plus his ground type Excadrill who looked rather angry at the man.

"Good afternoon my darling." Ingo called to his Chandlelure. "Would you be so kind?" several of the men close by began to float off the ground.

"Ingo!" a loud crashing noise filled his senses. He turned to address the woman, but she was nowhere to be seen. A large amount of dust and smoke expelled from the window.

"Excadrill! We need that fire put out. Throw as much mud as you can into the building!" Ingo yelled running into the house. To his amazement Ariel was dangling from the chain that was around her wrists. She lightly swayed, her head rested against her chest. Obviously unconscious.

"Ariel!" He yelled, his attempt to wake her from her unconsciousness. It proved fruitless as she continued to just sway. The fire licked at the floor below her. Having completely engulfed the staircase beside her.

"Chandelure!" He yelled. The pokemon fluttered within the room looking just as amazed at the woman hanging there. Without Ingo's command the Chandelure flew over and broke the chain slowly bringing the woman down to her trainer.

Ingo plucked the lightly sprawled out woman from the fearful pokemon.

"Chan..." The pokemon's soft words filled the chaos.

"I know. She needs the hospital very much..." He walked out of the house that smoldered softly after Excadrill threw nearly half the yard at the building.

The soft tan car pulled up beside his brother. Emmet climbed out helping Ingo get Ariel into the car without hurting her further.

Further inspection there were some injuries to her body. Her shoulder, hip, and head were bleeding.

"Go Emmet, to the hospital. There's not a moment to lose!"