Chapter 16: Ice and Fire

After failing yet again, you're filled with more sorrow than ever. You've gotten stronger and yet you still feel hopeless. Bertrand got away, Dr. Wolfe is still captured and The Beast is still coming. The constant stress affects your schoolwork and relationships with your classmates. Just as the school day finishes up, you walk through the halls and quietly think to yourself.

(Y/N) Thoughts: Still no news about Dr. Wolfe....Damn it...I was way over my head about this...I screwed up again...People are going to suffer more because of me....I have to make things right...But...how?

Mirio: Yo Macgrath! How's it hangin'?

(Y/N): Hm? Mirio? Oh and i see you've got the "Big 3" together again.

Nejire: Hiiii! Whatcha looking so down for? If you gloom any more, you're probably gonna look like Tamaki here

Nejire: Hiiii! Whatcha looking so down for? If you gloom any more, you're probably gonna look like Tamaki here. *Giggles*

Tamaki: .....very funny.......as always....

(Y/N): I've got alot on my mind right now. I was just trying to find somewhere to think.

Mirio: Well don't OVERthink anything. Times are tough now, but that's no reason to be down. You just gotta keep your head up and smile!

(Y/N): It's that easy huh.....?

Nejire: You betcha!

Tamaki:  .....yeah.....i-i guess....i dont know....p-probably...?

(Y/N): Right....Well...I'll see you guys around. Who knows? Maybe well have some work study stuff together.

Nejire: Aw man that would be awesome! Wouldn't it Tamaki!? Wouldn't it!?

Tamaki: .... i-i don't know! .....please s-stop shouting....

You wave goodbye to the Big 3 and continue down the hallway and eventually make it to the principles office. You see that he's watching the news unfold about The Beast whereabouts and see the horrid thing trample through another city.

Nezu: There's no doubt in my mind that it's heading this way. Wouldn't you agree (Y/N)?

(Y/N): *Sigh* Yeah...I know....I feel like it's breathing down my neck whenever it gets quiet.... I...I'm still not strong enough....Last night was a complete disaster...I'm sorry....

Nezu: Don't be. It's actually a bit of a good thing that Bertrand got away.

(Y/N): I beg your pardon?

Nezu: Bertrand has the mindset of a child losing a board game. You took away a few pieces and they made several hasty decisions that backfired.
We know where he's keeping Dr. Wolfe.

(Y/N): Really!? Oh man, that's the best news I've heard in a while!

Nezu: It's all thanks to your friend Lucy Kuo after all. She has quite the set of detective skills.

(Y/N): Detective skills? I guess she's really more than just a lab assistant. So anyway, about where these guys are keeping Wolfe. I need to get him out of there asap so we can find these blast cores and....