"Father,son, daughter bonding time" kinda

"What is taking him so long" I was sat in the back of my dads really sketchy van that he drives in the heat with all the doors open, in the parking lot of a little store.

"Relax he will be out soon" Robby sighs, he's tired of me complaining but I don't care I just roll my eyes and slump back in my chair. After two more very excruciatingly long minutes a guy with a black nerdy band shirt and tan jacket with Jeans and a weird pair of red sunglasses with the tag still on and holding two bags comes out of the store and starts walking towards us. It was my dad, Johnny Lawrence.

"Got us some good supplies for the next leg of our road trip" my dad said as he made it closer to the van. "Mexican cokes"  he began grabbing things out of the bag.

"I think here they just call them coke" Robby said standing up from where he was seated on the edge of the van.

"Mexican candy, chiccharrions," my dad continued as if Robby didn't say anything which is what Cassie had been doing the whole trip.
"And I picked up this bad ass cell phone, it's got 60 minutoes on it. That's like, 300 American minutes" the last part made me chuckle as he tossed the phone onto the seat next to me. "And I got you both a little something to say welcome to Mexico" my dad pulled out a bear thing with a sombrero on it and handed it to me. "Don't tell me it's offensive. We bought it in Mexico. Its there idea." I smiled at him as I took it. " And here, Robby. Gift for you" he pulled a navy blue shirt out of the bag and handed it to Robby who raised it and read the words on it that said FBI "turn it around" my dad smirked as Robby flipped the shirt over to reveal the words on the back. It read, "Female body inspector" I scrunched up my nose while I looked at it. "Isn't that great? I got one for me too." My dad said with a big happy smile on his face. Of course he got one.

"So what are we actually doing here" Robby asked smugly looking at dad while leaning onto the car. I forgot that we didn't tell him why we were in Mexico, to get Miguel. "And don't say it's a father-son-daughter bonding thing. we could've done that 500 miles ago."

"All right look this is a family bonding thing. There's just something to take care of first" my dad said as we got back into the car.

"And that is?" Robby asked while closing the car door as he sat in the passenger seat.

" we have to get Miguel" I blurted out from the backseat.

" what!" He turned around to me then looked at our dad. My dad nodded his head telling Robby that I was right. "You've got to be kidding me" Robby continued throwing his hands up in annoyance.

"You have every right to be upset" my dad said while calmly driving which was the complete opposite of how Robby was acting.

"How could you take us to Mexico and not mention once we're coming to get Miguel" Robby said "come on Robby let's go to Mexico, come back with some stories" he was mimicking what my dad had said before we left. I was getting annoyed, it wasn't that big a deal I get he hates Miguel but who cares.

" I wasn't bullshitting you I wanna fix our relationship, when I heard Miguel was in trouble I had to do something, I just couldn't leave you at home and I sure as hell couldn't leave Cassie at home either. I'm done doing that. Besides, I need your help to find Miguel." My dad said, trying to reason with him.

"My help? Do you even have a plan" Robby asked.

" yea of course I do. Miguel's looking for Hector Salazar. I know where the kid gets off the bus. That's our first stop." My dad said

"When we get there, what do you plan on doing?" I asked sitting up and putting my head in between the two. I knew my dad definitely didn't have a plan or at least a good plan.