Introductions

A Couple Months Previous

I nervously chewed on my bottom lip as Megan talked. We had only known each other for a month now. She was really funny and sarcastic and just a really cool girl so I shouldn't have felt so uneasy around her except for the fact that last night she had woken me up during one of my nightmares because I was crying.

She had wanted to sit me down to tell her about it but I cried even harder telling her that I was sorry for waking her up but I was okay now before going to make some tea and calm down. I didn't sleep the rest of the night so I was lucky it was a Friday and not a Monday. I probably wouldn't have gone to class otherwise.

And here she was taking and laughing when I knew she really wanted to ask me about my nightmare. I just can't bring myself to say anything to her about it. I didn't want to be the first one to say something but then I didn't want her to ask. We're not that close  yet but as my roommate I think she has a right to know about my nightmares. If I keep waking her up in the middle of the night shouting or crying, she's gonna want to know the reason behind it.

I hadn't even told her about Harry and that's the easier part. There's a part of me that doesn't want to tell her because maybe she won't believe me. She might laugh in my face I sighed and slowly mustered up some courage. "Megan." I said slowly.

"Uh-huh?" She asked, looking up from the lunch she was making us.

"I have to tell you something." She put down the spoon and started listening closely.

"Is it about your nightmare last night?" I shook my head.

"No it's about my boyfriend."

"Oh." She said, going back to cooking. "You haven't said much about him, which is good. No offense but I kind of don't like it when all a girl can talk about is her amazing boyfriend." She paused. "Actually, have you even told me his name?"

"Yeah it's Harry." I replied, though I wasn't sure if I had actually said his name out loud before then.

"Sounds like an old mans name." She said with a laugh. I smirked with her.

"Yeah I guess."

"So what about him?" She questioned.

"Well he's sort of.." There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I murmured, standing. I was glad to have a small distraction before I told her about Harry.

"Are you expecting someone?" She asked me. I paused and glanced back at her.

"No, I thought you were." Megan shook her head glancing at the door quizzically. Skeptically, I opened it slowly, as we didn't have a peek hole. I saw the flowers before I saw him. I thought it was a delivery at first but I was startled when I realized it was Harry. He was here. He was actually here. "Harry!" I squeaked.

"Hey! Speak of the devil. You were just going to tell me about him." Megan called out.

"I uhh.. What are you doing here?" I demanded lowly.

"You haven't told her about me?" He countered, stepping into the room.

"British accent? Nice." Megan said as she began to put the ramen noodles into bowls. "Is he hungry? We have enough.." She stopped talking because she finally looked up at the boy in front of me. I cringed waiting for her reaction. Harry cocked his head.

"So you were talking about me? Did you tell her.."

"Nope."  I squeaked, cutting him off. Harry grinned. "Don't smile." I exclaimed, hitting his side. "What are you even doing here? You're doing radio tours in Europe!"