Inked

I was lying on Harry's bed, my back to the mattress and my legs on top of his reading my book. Harry was leaned up against the headboard and was messing around with his laptop. I was really into my book so I almost didn't feel it when his fingers lightly brushed my hip bone. I thought nothing of it until he began tracing the words that lay across my lower stomach. I held my book up over my head and looked at him sideways. He turned his head to me, his fingers stilling on my stomach.

My shirt had gotten pulled up a little, exposing the words written there but Harry had flipped the hem of my shirt over so he could see the entire tattoo. I arched an eyebrow at him. "Can I help you?" He grinned.

"I just think it's weird that you have a tattoo." He said, continuing to trace the words. I rolled my eyes and went back to my book.

"You have a tattoo Harry." I reminded him.

"But it's different seeing you with one. I don't see it often. It's always covered up." I shrugged.

"Well I did get it illegally when I was seventeen and my parents don't even know about it so yeah, it's covered most of the time. Especially, you know, when I'm wearing a shirt." I lightly smacked his hand and pulled my shirt back down. Harry started laughing as I rolled my eyes.

It was Monday and Harry had just barely picked me up from school. On Monday's my classes were all early in the morning so I was usually done around one-thirty. Because of what happened Sunday, Harry and I decided it was best if we stayed in that day which I was fine with. We would usually read or watch TV together and just talk. These were my favorite days, when Harry didn't have anything planned and we could just sit around all day.

His hand was still on my lower stomach and I smiled softly, remembering the day he had gotten his own tattoo. It had been the week of our birthdays. He had surprised me by stopping by when he said he couldn't make it. Which, I almost killed him for. And it was that day, on his 18th birthday that he got his first tattoo.

2 Months Previous

"Theresa, I want to do something." Harry said excitedly, his hair falling in his eyes.

"Do what?" I questioned, pushing him down so he could sit next to me instead of hover over me. Harry laughed as he flopped down, putting his arm on the back of the couch.

"Something fun." I shook my head at him.

"Harry, you know I still have school and homework and.."

"I know, I know." He sad, cutting me off. "But this won't take long, I swear." I stared at him incredulously. "What? Come on, don't you want to know what it is?" He questioned. I sighed.

"Fine, what is it?"

"It's my birthday present to me."

"Harry." I scolded lightly. He laughed.

"What? Come on, I'm allowed to give myself a birthdays present, since you won't give me mine until later." He grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Yeah because we're going out later, I'll give it to you then." He huffed.

"Well can you come with me please, to this, I don't want to go alone." He complained, shaking my arm and moving me back and forth. I sighed, shaking my head at how childish he was acting. He was eighteen now but he still acted like a kid,

"Okay, alright. Where are we going? Target or something?" Harry grinned, shaking his head and jumping up.

"Nope! But I'll show you. Come on." He grabbed my hand as I put all my school stuff down on the coffee table. Sighing, I grabbed my purse and followed him out the front door.

"Harry, are you serious?" I questioned as we pulled into a parking space.

"Yes, and you have to be the excited one now because I'm really fuckin nervous." He said running his hands through his hair. I snorted.

"Yeah, I can tell. If you're nervous, why do this. A tattoo is a big commitment." I reminded him, glancing out at the tattoo parlor. Harry took several deep breaths.

"I know but it's a commitment I'm willing to make." He replied firmly. I rolled my eyes.

"Well what are you going to get and where?" He shrugged.

"I didn't really think that part through."

"Harry!" I said, hitting arm.

"Ow! Alright, okay. I thought I would know by the time I got here but I don't." He paused. "What do you think I should get?" He questioned. I scoffed.

"I don't know. Do out want something small? Words? Something meaningful?" I questioned. Harry shrugged again. "It's not going on me, it's being tattooed on you so you should decide Harry, right now or we're leaving. I can drive this car. I'll drag you away from here."

"Okay! Okay." Harry cried out before putting on his thinking face. "I'll get something simple, on my arm." He said slowly, tapping his left arm. "A star I guess."

"A star?" I questioned.

"Yes, is that a bad thing?" He asked, confused. I shook my head no.

"I don't know just.. Are you sure?"

"You're making me unsure." He grumbled. I laughed.

"Okay where on your arm?"

"What hurts less?" He questioned.

"I don't know I don't have a tattoo on my arm." I pointed out. Harry sighed.

"How about the underside of it. I feel like that would hurt less." I shrugged.

"I really don't know."

"Ugh, let's just go in." He muttered, getting out of the car. Laughing, I followed him out.

"You sure kid?" The guy asked as he was preparing the needles and ink.

"Yes, I'm sure. Why? Should I not be sure? What will happen?" Harry asked anxiously. The man chuckled.

"I just want to make sure you're okay with this." The man reassured him.

"I'm right here Harry, you'll be fine." I told him. Grabbing his hand as he laid back on the chair. He let out a giant breath and nodded his head.

"It'll be over before you know it." The man reassured Harry who nodded and smiled. Then he got to work.

Harry didn't want to get it filled in. It hurt too much already. I couldn't tell if he had low pain tolerance to if it actually did hurt as much as he said it did. So the man did a thick outline of the star, to cover up some of the ink he had already laid down on Harry's skin. He was only in the chair about an hour because of it.

Harry's upper arm was wrapped in plastic and he winced and whimpered slightly the entire time. I teased him a little bit, calling him a baby. Which only made him upset. "I can't believe you sat there and got all those words tattooed on you. How long did it take?" He whined.

"About four hours."

"Four hours!" Harry exclaimed.

"Yeah and it was in my bones so it hurt a bit more." I swear, Harry almost fainted when I said that.

"You're hardcore. My baby is so brave." He said kissing me lightly.

"Hardly." I replied, rolling my eyes. "I think you're just a wimp." Harry glared at me while I burst out laughing.