Tonight Tonight

Harry told me to dress.. Cute. I didn't exactly know what he meant by that. Was it jeans and a shirt? A dress and some hells. There are many levels of cute. When I asked for clarification, I gave him three options; comfortably cute, casual cute or dressy cute. Harry said casual cute.

So I pulled on my sneakers, a pair of shorts (despite the cold night air) and a light pink blouse. I was fixing my hair when Meghan walked in to grab her phone, which I had told her she had left on the bathroom counter. She glanced at me in the mirror and grinned.

"So did he tell you where you guys are going?" I sighed and shook my head. "Beat some sense into him. Not every date has to be a surprise." Meghan pointed out.

"I know he just gets too excited about these things. You know, since we don't see each other all the time." Meghan snorted and rolled her eyes.

"Please, he's down here nearly every month. Don't see each other all the time my ass." I started laughing as she scrolled through the notifications on her phone. "Well, you two have fun. Are you coming back here tonight?"

"Yeah. But I'll probably be at his hotel tomorrow night." Meghan nodded, like she expected that. Which, she probably did. "Do I look okay?" Meghan glanced up at me with a smile.

"Golden. Go have fun with your boyfriend." Meghan said, nodding her head towards the door. As if on cue, somebody knocked. Meghan and I laughed as I grabbed up my purse. I strode to the door and pulled it open. Harry was standing there in a plain black shirt, jeans and a jacket. He smiled at me.

"Hello love." I stepped outside, getting too close to him and closed the door behind me.

"Hello." I whispered, closing the space left between us to kiss him. I was painfully reminded of that days earlier events and I could already tell I was going to show Harry a bit more affection because of it. Would I ever stop feeling like a shitty person because I didn't want to go public?

"Ready to go?" He asked, taking my hand. I nodded my head and we walked down the stairs to the waiting car. "I think you'll love tonight." Harry said as we settled into the front seats.

"What makes you so certain?" I questioned.

"Because I know what you love." Harry said as he backed out of the parking space.

"Oh really? Enlighten me." I commanded. Harry laughed. "Come on Harry, why does everything have to be a surprise with you?" I questioned, borrowing a part of Meghan's question to me. Harry shrugged.

"I've always liked surprises. I feel like they make things more exciting or at least a bit more interesting." I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on, you love my surprises." He said, nudging me.

"Sometimes." I replied with a shrug.

"Sometimes?" He echoed.

"The surprise factor wears thin. All of our dates have been surprises Harry. What do you expect?" Harry frowned and opened his mouth. I thought I had gotten him to tell me where we were going but he shut his mouth again. I frowned this time.

"You'll like it. Trust me." I sighed.

"Don't I always." He grinned.

After an hour or so of driving and stopping off at a sandwich shop for dinner, we pulled into a half crowded parking lot outside of some building. It didn't look very big on the outside and kind of looked a bit dingy and worn out.

There were people waiting in a line that stopped halfway down the building and began at the closed wooden doors. I frowned and looked around for a sign or something that would tell us where we were but there was nothing.