All of the Lights

Previously:
The concert ended and Harry and I made our way to the parking lot, our arms locked together. He kissed my forehead as he unlocked the car and opened my door for me. I smiled as he shut it.

"Bye Harry." I whispered, my forehead pressed against his as we stopped kissing.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Early?" I questioned, pulling back to look at him. He smiled lightly.

"Only as early as you want." I frowned thoughtfully. Well, tomorrow would be Sunday and even though I had homework to finish and class the next day, I didn't care about any of that when Harry was here. It was bad reasoning but I was a good student and if he was only here until Wednesday, then I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

"Early." I murmured. Harry laughed and cupped my face with his hand, his thumb stroking my cheek.

"Okay. I'll be here early then." He kissed me again lightly before moving towards the stairs. "I love you." He said, turning to look at me suddenly.

"I love you Harry." He smiled and I waved goodbye as he disappeared into the dark. Smiling, I turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door. To my surprise, Meghan was still up and typing away at her computer. She seemed startled to see me.

"Jesus Terra, give a girl a warning." I laughed a little, closing the door.

"I didn't think you'd be up." I replied with a smile. Dropping my bag down onto the table before sitting on the couch next to her. She closed her laptop and stared at me expectingly, even folded her hands on her lap.

"Well?" She questioned and even though I knew what she wanted to hear I said,

"Yes?" She sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Want me to spell it out idiot? How was the date? What'd you guys do?" She asked, lightly punching my arm. I laughed a little, pushing her arm.

"We went to a concert." I replied with a smile. Meghan's eyes lit up.

"A concert? Your second one! Good job. Who did you guys see?" She questioned, grinning ear to ear as she turned her whole body to face me, tucking her legs under her.

"We saw The Maine." She groaned.

"Without me?" Meghan demanded. I had forgotten she liked The Maine too, ever since she first saw my tattoo.

Last November

I had been trying to change quickly while Meghan was taking her morning shower. I usually changed in the bathroom, since I wasn't comfortable enough to change in front of her yet. But I had woken up late and my class was soon so I had to get a move on.

Just as I was tugging my shirt down, Meghan stepped into the room, toweling off her hair. She paused in the doorway, staring at me. "Hi." I said slowly, a bit embarrassed that she had caught me in my bra.

"Hey, I didn't know you had a tattoo." My hands instinctively went to my lower abdomen where the cursive script lay.

"Oh, yeah." I said with a shrug.

"That's cool. What does it say?" She asked, walking towards me. I blushed red, looking at the ground.