7. SUSPECT

ROBYN

I'm so annoyed with King calling and texting me constantly. I don't respond if it's not business related. I absolutely have nothing to say to him. Witnessing him and some random laid up kind of puts a dent in me. I don't know why but its doing something to me. I know it shouldn't which is why I'm up and cleaning this morning.

I have to keep myself busy so I won't have to over stress myself about King and especially Reyna going missing. I worry so much about her. I try calling her phone but it only rings once then sends me to voice mail.

Where can she possibly be? It's been almost two weeks since she's been gone and the police have no leads so far. They checked the surveillance cameras at the mall and the store she works but they came up with nothing.

Officer Donaldson said the cameras went blank just before I got there to pick her up that night.

Something's not right and I know it. I will find my sister and I know where ever she is, it's by force. Reyna would never just leave for a whole two weeks without anyone seeing or hearing from her.

I've cleaned basically the whole house. The house is big but it wasn't hard to clean as I thought it would be.

Now I have the urge to move out because King bought us this house and I'm still upset.

The front door opens. "Remi?!" I yell out just to make sure it's her.

"Yeah, it's me." She yells back and I relax. I walk to the front of the house and see that she's sprawled across the living couch.

"How was school, honey?" She should never be that exhausted.

She frowns at me. "Why are you dressed like that?" I look down at my sweats and lose T-Shirt. There's an apron wrapped around my waist which held cleaning products and I also have on a pair of yellow cleaning gloves.

"Who turned you into a house keeper?" She laughs.

I swat her arm. "Shut up! The house was dusty and I know you're not going to clean but you were the one who wanted the house so bad."

"Yeah, I'll leave that up to you." She says as she makes her way up to her room then turns to me. "Any word on Reyna?"

I shake my head no and I can see the disappointment in her face. She sighs and disappears into her room. So do I.

I strip out of my cleaning clothes and hop in the shower. After I shower, I lotion my body and throw a pair of black leggings and a gray tank top then throw my straightened hair in a high pony tail.

I am planning on meeting with a few people about a business plan of mine. I've giving it some thought and I think it would be a great idea to open up my own club and bar. I'm always the one behind the counter serving drinks and entertaining the customers so why not?

But right now, I'm starving so I go back down stairs to the kitchen and get started on dinner.

I take out several pots and pans and all the ingredients I will need to cook on the counter.

Tonight, I will be cooking baked macaroni, baked tilapia fillet, sweet corn, greens and rice and beans. And for dessert, I'm baking my famous double fudge brownies.

I'm so excited about cooking that I plug in my phone in the iHome system and allow music to play as I cook.

Two hours later and dinner is ready!

Remi comes down the long swirl stair case and straight to the kitchen.

"What's all this music? You cooked?"