Jail Mates-Set Up(p1)

Recommended by billestittie

Don't forget to comment and vote :) (bro pls, yall make me smile)

Eeeeng! The bell rings and inmates are released from the mid-day count down to lunch and their classes. I walk down the hall to the cafeteria, guards tracking their eyes from each woman, lingering heavily on me. Some women bark and others bite, the security unyielding to their position. Stupid fucks anyway. This must be purgatory for them. Being in a women's prison and not being able to touch any single one of us-really must suck for them.

Everyone lines up with their trays and sits down in their own groups and tables. I don't bother with mine, having eaten a big breakfast, and I sit near the exit-my most comfortable spot. I sit alone, remarking on my scars and tattoo on my hand- remembering the origin of my story-the reason I came here, to begin with. I was found guilty of murdering men that I've been connected to having past relationships with. I was on a roll, having killed four already before they caught me. Brandon, Isaac, Elijah...Matthew...I had so many more on my list! But I was sloppy, my scars were from broken glass, leaving my bloody prints after Matthew-it was easy to catch me then. I hadn't been in the system before but it wasn't hard to trace my DNA back, given my connection to all of them and how all of it was pretty public. I loved them all before they hurt me...

Jayla, tray in hand, smiles-her feet redirecting her to my direction, our table. She was my partner in crime, only she killed her own people and we just loved exchanging ideas for each other's next kill. She managed to end seven people's lives before they caught her, though she was easily more passionate about it. They only found enough evidence to convict her of being guilty, but not of working with me-that's the good part about it though. The murders didn't connect and the people who ended up dead didn't have any relationships with one another-and as far as the cops knew, we didn't either. They wouldn't have put us together if they knew we were both in on it, Thank God!

"Hey Pretty," she sits down, her tray full of sloppy joe on white bread, a bruised apple, and heavily peppered beans. Another reason why I don't eat lunch, the breakfast is way better.

"Hello my love, what'd ya get?"

"Same thing...it's really gross what they have here," she cringes and lifts the top piece of bread, examining her watery sloppy joe. She frowns. "The worst part about being here is the food...how do they expect us to live off of this?"

"I know dude, this shit sucks," I hollow my fist and pretend I'm gagging, "literally sucks dick dude. That's why you gotta stock up on breakfast. Oatmeal is way better...than this shit." I poke at the bruised bits of the apple, the skin giving way and brown mush oozing out on my fingernail-eww.

"Oatmeal?"

"Ya...they got syrup and brown sugar out in the morning, it makes it bearable. It's that...or, you know," I look around the prison, people still coming out of their rooms or walking out to the courtyard. "I'm telling you, dude, once I finish writing these songs, I'm gonna take the first chance I get to releasing them. They're gonna get so much money that we can get the fuck out of here," I smile, puckering my lips and tapping the table with my fingers excitedly. She smiles too.

"You've been writing?" she pokes the 'beans'.

"I haveee, I'm so excited dude, I can't wait to show you. But these songs dude, they're gonna change the world, everyones gonna love them. Once they are out, we'll get the money to buy ourselves out of here and get actual food, you know?"

"And we can kill anyone we want and still pay for bail?" She sounds excited.

"Hoo, hoo, hoo, yes, yes that too," I laugh through my nose.