nothing but a lost cause - gxg

ashley x billie

"Hey, we're gonna head out," Kerrice says, grabbing her backpack, Joya not falling short.

"Do you want us to get you two anything?"

"Are all of you going?" I take a bite of one of the saltine crackers Billie has sprawled out for herself. She slaps my wrist and gives me a meaningful glare, like they were hers and she could gate keep them. She grabbed one for herself and put a spoonful of her sauce on it.

"Yeah, we have a few errands to run and they all just happen to be down by Studio City and in Sherman Oaks," Yuliana says, grabbing some of her bags.

"Billie, do you want anything? Something for tonight's dinner?" She's been cooking all afternoon and won't be done anytime soon. Me, on the other hand, just don't like the outdoors-people are gross. She scavenges through her clutter on the counter, accounting for her crackers and goods.

"Wait, yo, where're the mushrooms?"

"We don't have any mushrooms dude, do you need some?" Lexee asks her as everyone files out the door.

"Ya, can you get me some...ugh..." she stares at the ceiling as if it'll have the answer, and she puts a palm to her head like a psychic. She snaps her fingers when it registers, "lion's mane, those, the big funky lookin' ones. If they don't have those, then get the oyster mushrooms."

"Okay, is that it?" I lean over to take another cracker when she turns around, looking through the fridge.

"Ya, just, can you stop by the liquor and get me some grape sodas? I've been craving those like crazy," she rolls her eyes and smiles thinking of her near future of having some sparkling sugary grape.

"So, grape soda and lion's mane, got it-byeee!" Nataly waves as the last one out of the door. They close it and I turn around to her, smiling with devilish plans.

"What? Stop looking at me like that dude, you freak me out," she laughs and stirs the pot, making sure to get the edges so nothing burns.

"I freak you out? That's cute," I grab at my phone, opening Spotify and shifting through my music and clicking on 'Why can't we be friends' by The Academic, my current favorite song. My phone automatically connects to the nearest bluetooth speaker and the beat begins to play before the drums and vocals kick in.

"No bro, I'm making dinner, I can't do that while I'm cooking," she watches me dance, grabbing the broom for my make-shift mic lip-syncing, 'I say 'don't let me go' and you say 'why can't we be friends?''

"Dude, I'm sure you can do so many things-just put your mind to it and take a break."

"A break?"

"Yes."

"From what?"

"From cooking"

"To dance?" she looks at me hysterically with her mouth hanging open and her forehead wrinkling- holding back a laugh.

"Yes," I giggle, waiting for her to cave.

"Dude, that's what we've been doing the entire time we were here."

"Okay and? Dancing is happy, c'mon and dance," I throw my hands up in the air and bounce around, jumping on exchanging feet around her as she continues to stir her sauce and eat her crackers.

At one point of the song the bridge builds up and there's a guitar solo. I get up on the couch and rock out completely, my shirt lifting and my legs firm in their stancing, balancing on the soft cushions. The broom goes from my mic to my sickass guitar, fiddling with the make-believe strings and chords before it reaches the high point. I look her dead in the eye and sing, 'and it falls and it breaks and it turns into somethin'- and I jump down as the beat drops. She smiles, of course she does, while I catch her eyes not looking directly at me but the lines of muscle in my thighs and my more recent than from nudiustertian. My shirt falls with my jump and she catches a glimpse of something she shouldn't and acts like she doesn't know better. I don't care, this Lost Cause music video has us looking a little revealing anyways, so it's not like it's something new for her to see.