Pt. 4

"Hey! You alright?!" 'I know that voice. But who?' I slowly open my eyes to see the scene before me. The creature looked burnt, Wendy was healing me, Happy was crying, and there were the two officers from earlier who were talking to me.

"W..what....h...ha..happened..?" The light was blinding. My eyes were still adjusting.

"Natsu! You're okay!!" Happy cried out, jumping onto me. 

I turned my head slightly to my right. Carla was smiling softly at me. "Wendy was passed out but I still had enough consciousness to see it. You were tired after using so many spells and getting beat by the creature but you were able to muster up enough energy to cast Lightning Flame Dragon: Roar. Since you were in such close proximity of the creature, the spell was extra effective. It looks like you killed it. Wendy woke up a while after that and healed all of us." She explained.

"I believe that creature was the weird presence of the magic. We researched into it a bit and saw that the creature was what you call an ancient Chimera. It was hit with human time restriction which means it could not age and will only die by force of a magic spell. Because the curse that it was hit with is a curse made for humans, it turned the creature a little psychotic. The wyvern was protecting it because it supposedly knew about this and didn't want to come off as an enemy to it." The officer with the mohawk said.

"The town is safe now thanks to you pinky! Thank you!" The other officer said cheerfully. I gave my signature smile. "Glad I could help!" I replied trying to match the amount of cheerfulness that was in the officer's voice.

"Were you kids able to find who you were looking for?" The same officer suddenly asked. Then it all came flooding back to me. His words, the pain, and the reason we were here in Onibus Town in the first place. Again, tears brimmed my eyes. I hastily wiped them away, not wanting to involve innocent people into my case of heartbreak. 

"No. It looks like it may actually be that he isn't here. We should head back to the guild and ask master Mavis again." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry you weren't able to find the person but how about you describe them to us, we can give you a call if we do see them." The officers suggested.

"Thanks but that's okay. I'm sure you have your own duties you have to fulfill so let's just both be on our separate ways." I understood why they wanted to help but, I would rather not get them tangled up in this mess of mine.

We said our farewells and started heading for the train station. My stomach just couldn't keep quiet for a little longer huh.

"Man, I'm so hungry!" I groaned. No one else complained because we hadn't had anything to eat since yesterday because we boarded the train so early in the morning. 

Guess luck was on our side because the train heading back to Magnolia had de-railed after making a fast entrance because the driver was a substitute or something and forgot Onibus station existed. So we had a couple hours to grab something to eat. Yeah, not the best idea because we're boarding the train right after but did that cross my mind? No.

"Oh..m.man..I-I...w-we..should..shouldn't..have...eat-eaten..so..mu...much..foo..food..." I trailed off before vomiting out the window again. Carla was in her human form reading some book, Happy was trying to comfort me, and Wendy was in the washroom; most likely puking her guts out.

It was a couple hours after high noon when we got to Magnolia. Wendy and I still felt like we were going throw up so Happy and Carla flew us back to the guild hall to get us some air. I felt the breeze push against my body and tried inhaling the calming scentless oxygen. I felt a lot better already. As the air blew my vest up a little, it tickled my exposed skin which made me smile. My hair was swaying in many directions as it touched then released my face.