Pt. 10

I found myself staring up at the sky once again. 

I was laying on a patch of grass near the forest of the guild hall. Today was a clear sky. It had no clouds and was just a light blue background. But I still found it fascinating. The sky was endless, so big to the point that nobody knows where it ends. Could it be just in a circle, there's no certain answer, but the fact remains that it's vast and old. It's seen so many more days than a lowlife like a human could ever wish to, and when we compare ourselves to it, we're tiny.

I close my eyes and sigh. Reality starts flooding back into me. Why did love have to be so hard to conquer? It has so many possibilities. Some people find their true love in their first boyfriend or girlfriend, like Bisca and Alzak. Some find their true love in their first crush, like Freed. Others spend their lives finding that one person and die trying, while others spend their whole lives pining over someone. Some live on with the regret of not telling others how they felt about them and others live with the regret of breaking up a relationship. The possibilities are limitless so you'll never know which one you'll be dealt with until you try.

I got the bad end of the stick.

I put my arm up to cover my eyes and was surprised to find they were warm. I lifted my arm up slightly and opened my eyes to find that I was crying. Still with a shocked expression, I sat up. 'Am I really this weak?'

I looked up. I was standing in front of the Lamia Scale guild hall. I decided that it'd be a good idea to talk to Sherry or Chelia about the topic since they were always talking about it.

I took a deep breath before pushing open the doors and walking into the hall. I took a quick look around for the pinkettes. 

"Lucy?"

I gasped. Our eyes locked and I felt a wave of both guilt and anger wash over me.

"Hi Lucy!" I heard Sherry's voice and was broken out of my daze. I closed my eyes and counted to 5 before reopening them and gave a smile at the dark-pink-haired girl who was now standing next to me. I have to focus on what I came here for, not what's going on in the guild right now.

"Hey Sherry, I wanted to ask you something!" I replied, successfully matching the cheerfulness the doll-controlling wizard's tone possessed.

"I'm listening."

We walked over to a more quiet area of the guild. I explained my situation to her, I talked about how I thought love was hopeless for me, about Loke's position and asked for advice on how to approach Aries. She nodded and hummed every now and then to indicate that she was listening.

"Ah, I see. So, to recap, you're friend has these feelings for another one of his friends but that person is quite introverted and scarred from past events so you're unsure if she's capable of taking in any of this information but you don't want to make your other friend wait around too long. And you want to know how you can help." She asked, more of a statement than a question.

I nodded. She put a finger up to her chin and looked down, thinking about my words. I waited patiently in comfortable silence for a few minutes before she finally looked back up.

"I don't think there's any specific way you should approach her. If she's really as polite as you say she is, she'll listen to whatever you have to say. As long as you keep your voice calm and steady, I'm sure she'll be able to give you an answer. That answer may not be what you're looking for but she probably can tell you something. I think your best bet is to just straight up tell her, whether that's you or the actual guy who informs her. As long as you don't scare her, she should be able to process your words." She finished with a smile.

I nodded, slightly looking down and thinking about her advice.

We stood up and went back to the gates of the guild hall. We bid our farewells before she left to somewhere again. I gave Gray a glare before deciding not to bother him.

Now I just have to figure out if it'll be me who tells Aries or Loke himself.

I arrived back at the guild just before sunset. I looked around, trying to locate any of my friends. Natsu and Happy left on a job this morning - I waved them goodbye - looks like they're not back yet. Erza wasn't anywhere to be seen either. I spotted Wendy with Gajeel and Levy and started to walk over to their table. As I neared it though, I felt an aura emitting from them and noted that they may be having some serious conversation. 

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully.

The three of them looked over at me. Levy and Wendy smiled and greeted me while Gajeel just nodded, acknowledging my presence. I took a seat next to Levy.

"So, what are we talking about here? It seems really serious." I asked, cautiously.

"Well, Lu, our little Wendy is finally starting to grow up." Levy exclaimed excitedly.

I turned my attention towards the little sky dragon. She was looking down with a faint blush on her cheeks. 

"She's got a little crush on someone." Gajeel cleared up, obviously amused.

Wendy covered her face with her hands. "Why does this have to be so embarrassing?" She wined.

"Ooh, who's the special person?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

"It's...it's...well..Romeo..." She squeaked out. If I wasn't beside her I probably wouldn't have heard it. My eyes widened. On instinct, I looked over to where Romeo was. He was shouting at his dad and Cana about something. I let out a half-smile. 'Oh right, Natsu Junior." I laughed eternally at my joke.

I looked back at Wendy. She looked really embarrassed. Poor thing.

"Oh hey, where's Carla?" I asked suddenly, changing the subject. "And Lily?"

Levy and Gajeel shared a look before smirking and turning back to me. That's all I needed to know. My eyes widened and I felt my heart sink. Just wait 'til Happy hears about this.