Pt. 14

[Switching POVs]

♪What if we rewrite the stars?
  Say you were made to be mine,
  Nothing could keep us apart,
  'Cause you'd be the one I was meant to find!♪

I closed my eyes and let a few tears escape. My mind started to drift off to all of my friends I've been trying to help with their relationship problems. 'What a cliche, this song reminds me of all of them.' I thought, letting a smile play onto my lips.

This was one of..no..my favourite song of all time. It described my life. Maybe if I was able to rewrite my life story, I could actually find someone.

I dried up my tears and paused the music. There was someone new I needed to try helping as of yesterday, and this one may be the hardest case to crack.

Yukino explained to me Sting's story. It's a real tragic one too. A tale of unrequited or almost forbidden love. Out of everything I've seen, this one relates to the song the most.

I yawned. I got up really early in the morning today because of everything on my mind and left the song on repeat. I didn't sleep much last night either. I should probably get a job, the rent bill will be up in a couple days.

I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes and stretched one last time before pushing the doors open and entering the guild hall.

I looked around to see if any of my friends were here yet since it was a tad bit earlier than I normally arrive. Just Wendy and Levy.

I walked over to them. They greeted me.

"I need to take a job, do any of you want to go with me?"

Wendy jumped up and nodded eagerly. Levy just looked at me with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Lu, but I promised Lily and Gajeel I'd train with them today." She said, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. I smiled and shook my head, indicating that it was okay and that I understood.

Wendy and I walked over to the request board. After searching for a while, Wendy came up to me with a flyer in her hand.

"How about this one? It says that we need to search for some missing council members that got lost at sea from a shipwreck. Seems like they're pretty high up on the social ladder too. The reward's enough for your next 2 months of rent." She asked. I took the flyer from her and read it more carefully. The reward was in fact 140 000J. I lowered the flyer and looked at Wendy.

"But, don't you want some of the reward too? It'd be selfish of me to take all of it." I asked, tilted my head slightly to the side.

"No, you're already doing so much for me and a lot of our other friends by helping us with our relationships. If you get the prize, then you'll get 2 months to think about that itself." Wendy smiled. "Sorry, that sounds selfish right?" 

I shook my head. "No, let's do it!"

I sighed contently as we walked through the familiar streets of Hargeon. 

Soon enough, we made it to the docks. Our client asked to give them a call before we made it here and told us to meet him at the docks.

"Hello, are you Mr. Darton?" Wendy asked, skipping over and stopping before the petite man. (A/N They didn't meet any of the council before in this AU) 

"Yes, that's me. I'm glad you accepted my request. I will provide you with a boat. You must bring whoever you find back, dead or alive, but if you can't bring their body, just indicate where you found them; for example, on the ocean floor or something. Here's a list of everyone, their names will be given to you by whoever's alive and if you don't find them, just write that next to their name." He handed me a pen and list that was folded up, along with a key - which presumably started the ship.