Pt. 15

I watched in both horror and amazement as the two creatures went at each other with full power, filling the sky with the colours purple and gray.

"Lucy? Lucy!? Lucy! There you are! It's not safe to be out here right now!" The water spirit said in a calming tone. "Let's go back into the house okay?"

I looked at her with tear-filled eyes but a huge grin. "Aw, can't we stay a little longer to watch this fight Aquarius?" I asked her, my voice full of innocence. I had an eager look on my face.

The spirit just laughed. "No Lucy, it's dangerous out here. See the sky? Do you know what colour that is?" She asked, pointing to the sky above the two creatures' heads. My gaze followed her finger. I jumped up excitedly.

"Yeah! That's the colours gray and purple! Mommy taught me that!" I said, proud that I remembered. I wore a huge grin as I internally congratulated myself for learning the names of the colours.

I opened my eyes to see Aquarius smiling at me. "That's right Lucy! Purple is a colour that usually isn't seen in the sky. That means those two creatures are really strong! Their magic power is so strong that even the sky changes colour because of it!" She explained. That perked my interest up even higher. 

"Wow! That's so strong! Do you think I could ever get that strong Aquarius?" I asked excitedly. I looked at the mermaid with determination in my eyes. She laughed and nodded.

"Okay, now let's go back Lucy. It very dangerous out here because your magic isn't as strong as theirs. That means if they see us and come to us, we won't be able to fight back." She said with a smile. My smile faltered a bit after hearing this. I really wanted to stay and get to experience the fight. I felt tears sting my eyes and quickly wiped them away. "You can watch them from inside the house okay?" My interest perked up at this. I looked up to her to see her smile never faltered. I returned the smile.

"Oka-" There was a sound similar to an explosion. I looked over to the two creatures and fear settled in when I saw that one of them was looking right back at me. It started to come closer and Aquarius seemed to notice as well.

"Quick Lucy, get back to the house!" She screamed as her smile disappeared and was replaced with a look of terror. But before I knew it, the creature stood in front of us. A beam of light started to form around its mouth and it directed it at me. Aquarius stood in front of me and used her magic to block out as much of the attack as possible. "I'll hold it off Lucy, get back to the house."

Without looking back, I ran. I ran as fast as my little legs could go and ignored all the screams I heard from Aquarius' voice. Once I got back into the house, I ran to a window. I watched in fear as Aquarius took attack after attack. Suddenly, she fell onto the floor and wasn't getting back up.

"Aquarius! Aquarius! WATCH OUT!" I screamed, hoping she could hear me as I saw the creature get in close proximity of the spirit and started gathering magic power again. The beam was pointed directly at her. Then she woke up and tried to run. But it was too late. The attack was just about to be released. 

But then, the other creature came out of nowhere and charged at the creature. Its mouth was pointed to the woods as the attack was released. Aquarius got out of there and ran back to the house. The two creatures continued fighting and went deeper into the forest before disappearing.

I heard the door close and ran down to check up on the mermaid. Then, the sky started to clear of the gray and purple colours while the normal blue returned. I found Aquarius lying on the floor, almost unconscious. Her back was to the door and she had scratches everywhere and occasional cuts that were bleeding. I quickly called for the nurses and they rushed down and took her away.

"Meglodanis...and Aethurius..." were the last words she said to me before getting taken into the infirmary.

I hung my head in shame. 'How could I have forgotten?'

Since that day, Aquarius seemed to hate me. I always asked her why and she would always make up excuses. If I hadn't forgotten, then I'd probably know. I let her get beaten around like that. I ran for my own life without a care for hers. I left her to die. If that other monster hadn't come and distract Meglodanis, Aquarius would've died. And I would have had to live with the regret of it all my life.

"I don't hate you because you left me." I looked up with glossy eyes to Aquarius. She was smiling, like, genuinely smiling. I let the tears flow out of my eyes and down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and cried. I didn't care that there were other people here now. I didn't care that I was letting Aquarius see my weak side. All I cared was to let out the pain. I cried because I left her that day. I cried because I was too weak to do anything. I cried because of the fear that that monster was still out there. I felt a hand caress my cheek and wipe the tears away. I slowly opened my eyes. Through my blurry vision, I could see that Aquarius was holding my face, looking at me with a sad smile. "I hated you because you let yourself forget it. I believe that if you remembered, you would've strived to become an even stronger wizard than them. You would be even stronger than you are now if you held on to that pain." I could hear the trembling of her voice. And soon enough, I saw tears fall down her cheeks too. She pulled me into a hug and I didn't question it. I just hugged back.

We stayed there for a while, both of us having rivers of tears streaming down our faces and holding each other in a tight embrace. 

After a while, I broke the hug. I saw that Wendy and Carla and even Doranbolt were smiling at us softly and anyone else that saw were too. I felt warm inside.

I dried off my tears and put on a determined face. I looked at Aquarius and smirked. I then turned to Doranbolt. "We'll defeat it. That's a promise."

:0

A bit of a filler chapter. I sometimes hate those. 

I legitimately feel like I'm just writing another version of Fairy Tail 🧐 I SWEAR GUYS I'M NOT TRYING TO TAKE THE AWESOME HIRO MASHIMA'S ANIME 😭 

Anyways...a bit of a back story for Lucy! I don't think I'll be writing some amazing plot line for anyone else cuz they're all focused on love and shit... I also don't know who to ship Lucy with so I think she'll be single... IT'S OKAY! SHE'S THE MATCHMAKER!