𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚝 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚝 [𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚓𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚘] ❕

TW‼️
waterboarding.

Cold water came down like hail, your neck stung from pulling left to right, struggling to breathe. Your lungs fought hard against the biting water.

The laughing from the men peering down at you echoed, fighting against the chair was useless now that a foot pressed into your shoulder, holding you to the ground.

The water erupted from your mouth like a fountain, you gasped frantically in the seconds they gave you to catch your breath.

"There we go!"
The cruel cackling continued.

All week the soldiers tormented you behind everyone's back, speaking up only got you tied to a chair in the cleaning closet.

To be tormented by your fellow comrades wasn't something new, only recently had they crossed a new line.

"I can't breathe-"
Fear dripped from your words.

But nobody listened. Your skin bruised against the rope as you thrashed, all your attempts to make it stop fell on deaf ears.

Each limb numbed in the wooden chair and defeat struck your body as you withered away.
Hot tears cascaded with the water as you blinked.

"Que es todo esto?"

The torture stopped. A sickening head rush pulsed through your skull as you were pulled up from the ground, it was like you were spinning trying to sit back upward again.

"Who's that?" He asked.

Water escaped from your throat, you didn't hold back as you let out what you swallowed, vomiting liquid into your own lap. Breathe. Your brain begged making you hunch over.

"Have you lost your tongue? I asked you a question, soldier." His voice was clear now.

Colonel Vargas.

Still, you remained weak in your spot, simply trying to clear your airways before even trying to look up.

"Colonel, sir-" one of them rambled.

"We were just messing around.."
The men all agreed together in unison.

Now you noticed they huddled in front of you, hiding you behind their backs. Their boots all lined up like they did in training, shoulder to shoulder, side by side.

"I'll deal with you lot."

It's sounded more like a threat than a promise.

"Move."

There was silence for a moment. None of the men moved an inch, all stood still staring back at him. You could only imagine how idiotic they all looked.

"Sal ahora!"
Alejandro yelled this time,
and no one dared to disobey.

All the emotions bursted to the surface, making you hold back hot tears, wanting nothing more than to leave the dammed room you'd been trapped in all night.

You heard his steps approaching quickly.

"What did they do..." He growled.

It wasn't long before he was on his knee, cutting you loose from the harsh rope trapping you in one place. Alejandro tucked the knife away as soon as the rope fell, hiding it from you.

"It's alright now.."
You barely blinked back, his gloved hand supported your neck gently.

"You're safe."
Alejandro was calm and collected.
It comforted you, his presence always did.

"You know where you are?"
You nodded right away. The predictable questions already flooding your mind.

I'm not that far gone, you hoped.

He stopped you before you could speak which you were thankful for, talking alone was an effort. Alejandro observed closely.

"You'll have to explain it again so we can get to the bottom of it- I know" he said, understanding how awful it must've been.

"Can you do that that for me?" He asked.

"I just need to...catch my breath."

Alejandro walked away for a moment, returning with a strange sheet from nearby. He placed it over your head before wrapping you up, his palms rubbed along your arms to give you warmth.

"We don't wanna give everyone something to talk about. We stay here, take your time" He reassured.

Your eyes closed. It was hard not to replay the previous hours in your head over and over. It wouldn't stop, the suffocating, the laughing.
Why would they do that to you? The question begged to be answered.

The colonel noticed your discomfort. He squeezed your hand to interrupt your train of thought.

"Don't let this get to you.." He said.

"Easier said than done, I know.
But it won't ever happen again."

"How do you know?"
You finally spoke up.

Regret riddled his mind as he looked to you, thinking of the many ways he could have prevented this. But he didn't dare show it, keeping his composure after seeing you was hard enough.

Right then he cradled your head, holding you close as you rested against him. Alejandro tuned out the rage, having you in his arms, sound and safe was enough for him.

"They won't hurt you again. I mean it."

His drive to keep you safe earned your trust a long time ago, alejandro just continually showed you how much he meant it every time you were in trouble.

The room spun as you leaned into him further while he watched you decline in the wet chair. He held you tighter, protecting your head.

"I've got this."
He whispered.

Your knees almost gave out as you stood up with Alejandro, "I'm coming-"

He firmly sat you back down,
He wasn't having it.

"I need you stay put.."

In your head you begged him to stay, to have him lead you out of this claustrophobic room.
The last thing you wanted was to be left alone.

But a slow nod was all that came, "okay"

Alejandro didn't move, it was like you could see the gears working in his head. He looked to his feet before turning back to you, making a decision without speaking.

"Rodolfo?"
He clicked the radio on his vest.

It took a moment, but he answered.

"I heard. Let me take care of them, Colonel"

Alejandro knelt before you once again, a reassuring hand held yours, but he couldn't bring himself to look you in the eyes.

"You don't have to stay.." You said.

"I know."

It was beyond comforting, having him at your side was all you wanted. "I'm sorry-"

"Don't be, just rest. I'm not leaving you."

All you could do was hold his hand as your head hung low, your heart had finally settled.
Whatever you had to face outside of the room didn't startle you as much when he was near.

"I'm ready." You decided.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Authors note:
If you saw that valeria chapter I published by accident, no you didn't. (still working on it)