Chapter Twelve Out Of Control

Jonathan’s POV

*

*

I honked the horn for Abi, wincing as I got out of the truck to go around and open the door for her. My side was sore and a bruise that seemed to be the size of Tony’s fist had begun to develop.

I watched as she came out of the house and walking towards me with a sleepy smile on her face. Abi always looked good in the morning. I always enjoyed waking up and seeing her peacefully asleep next to me when she would sneak in over the last few years.

I didn’t know how I was going to explain the soreness and fight to her. It would not be something easy to hide and she could always see right through me when I was covering something. I smiled as I thought how this explained why we all knew we had secrets being kept from each other that would have to come out sooner or later if we were going to be together.

“Hey you,” she spoke as she got into hearing range.

“Hi,” I said opening the door helping her hop in. Being the guy that I am I couldn’t help the glance I gave her round ass with her back to me. It wasn’t like I had never seen or looked at her ass before but this is the first time I looked at her as mine in an intimate way…I liked it.

Trying to straighten up and not look injured was proving more difficult than I thought. I hope Tony had not cracked a rib. Again, I winced climbing back into my truck was not helping my cause.

“Where’s Tony?”

“Stayed home,” my answer was curt as I got settled in my seat warily watching for signs that she was suspicious.

“Why?”

“Hung over,” she let out a sigh and frowned shaking her head and glanced back at me giving me a once over as I turned the engine on.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Dammit.

“Nothing,”

“Liar,”

“I’m fine Abi,”

“No you’re in pain what happened?”

When I didn’t respond she scooted over to me and began to touch trying to find the sore spot. I pushed her hands away a little too quickly pulling on my right side, which was the side Tony had punched and I winced grunting slightly. Naturally Abi zeroed in on the general area and lifted my shirt before I could move to stop her.

“Oh my god Jon,” she touched the bruise lightly which was turning a dark mixed shade of blue, black and purple and had the circumference of a baseball, “What happened tell me now,” Abi demanded.

I let out a sigh, “Tony came in drunk last night and we got into a little fight,” I scoffed shaking my head smirking to myself.

“What’s funny?” she snapped still examining the bruise. The light touch from her fingers was building little pleasurable shivers through my body out from the epicenter of where she touched on my stomach.

“I should know better than to try and hide this from you,”

“Well yeah, still you and Tony together hide things from me,” she pouted scooting back over to the passenger side angered.

“Same with you and Tony,” I threw back at her.

We glared at each other knowing this was truth, we didn’t want to talk about it yet and knew we would have to work all this out eventually if we wanted to be together. All these secrets were going to be the problem.