Prom

Chapter 28
Rachels pov :
I walked into the choir room to see Danny sitting there at the piano. "Hey Danny . " I said. "Oh hi Rachel can I ask you a favor . " She said. "Of course what is it ?" I asked her. "Well Ryder asked me to prom and I was wondering maybe you could help me get ready?" She asked me . I smiled and said, "Of course what time ?" I asked her. "4:30. " She said. "Okay , I'll see you then. " I told her . She smiled excitedly and said, "Thanks Rachel . I'll see you later . " and hugged me and walked out . It was 4:30 and I headed to Finns house . I knocked on the door and Finn answered he was in a suit and tie. I smiled and said, "Hi." He smiled, "Hi. " He said back . "You look great Rach. " He said. I smiled, "Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself. " I told him . "So is Danny upstairs?" I asked. "Yeah , go ahead. " He said and stepped out of my way . I went upstairs and knocked on Dannys door . "Come in . " She said. I opened the door and saw Danny in a beautiful blue dress and her hair was curled . "What do you think ?" She asked me. I smiled and said , "You look gorgeous. " I said. She smiled and said, "Thanks but can you help me with my make up ?" She asked. "Of course . " I said and then we sat down and I started to do her make up . "So can I ask you a question?" She asked me. "Of course. " I said. "Are you going to get back together with my dad ?" She asked me. I sighed and then said , "You have beautiful bone structure. " I told her trying to change the subject. "Rachel , answer the question. " She said. I sighed and said , "I don't know Danny, I think that since the whole thing with Peyton happened he's more focused on her . Which is what he should be doing focusing on you kids and at the end of the day if its meant to be then it'll happen. " I told her. I then finished up her make up and said , "All done . You look beautiful. " I said. "You think Ryder will like it ?" She asked me. "He be crazy not to. " I said and then the door bell rang . "Thats him . " She said. "Come on lets go. " I said and then we went down stairs . I walked down and said , "Ryder, Finn , I present to you the beautiful Ms.Danielle Hudson . " She came down with a smile on her face looking at Ryder . "Wow . " He said. "Wow. " Finn said. I smiled and then Finn said, "You look beautiful honey . " he told Danny and kissed her on the cheek. "Thanks dad. " She said . "Wow. " Ryder said again . "You look gorgeous Danny . " He told her . "Thanks you look nice too. " She told him . "Here , this is for you. " He said and put the corsage on her . "Thanks . " She said. "How about we take a picture? " I suggested. "Okay. " They said . I held the camera up and took the photo. "Awe you guys are so cute . " I said. "Thanks Rach but we better get going." Danny said . "Okay well have fun you two. " I said . "And I want her home by 11 . " Finn told Ryder. "Yes sir . " Ryder said and then they left . "She looks so beautiful. " I told Finn . "Yeah she's really growing up . " He said . "Well I'm shopperoning the prom so I better go. " I said. "Oh me too you want to drive together. " He said. "Sure . " I said and we left .

Finns pov :
It was the last song of the night it was a slow dance I saw Rachel watching everyone so I went up to her and said , "Care to slow dance. " I asked . She smiled and took my hand and we went to the dance floor and I wrapped my arms around her and she laid her head on me . "Rachel, " I said. "Yeah Finn? " She asked. "Do you ever think about it ? " I asked. "Whats it ?" She asked me. "You know us getting back together ?" I asked. "Finn, I just thought we were going to be friends. " She said. "Come on Rachel you and I both know that were more then just friends. " I said. "I mean I've thought about but I just don't think its the right time. " She told me. I looked down and said , "When will it be the right time ? " I asked her. "I don't know Finn. " She said. "Well when you do let me know." I said and walked out .