on he goes

Danny had a thin hood over his head and hands in his pockets. He had his bag invisible so nobody would be tempted to try and pickpocket him.

The money he had with them for "dinner" was enough to feed him for a  few months.

"Hey Tucker, I'm In Gotham and I accidentally saved a kid" Danny said holding his phone up to his ear.

"Already a hero?" Tucker asked with a handful of chips in his mouth.

Danny sighed.

"Unintentionally but yes. Suppose it would be easier to find my parents?"

"Use your mop"

Danny smiled.

"Map Tucker. I swear if nots teck your useless"

"True" Tucker said. They laughed.

"Alright, back to your watch" Danny said.

"No activity yet, talk to you soon" Tucker said hanging up.

Danny's hook his head.

He had to be careful when asking the map for something. If he asked for his parents it might make him barrel into them or worse.

"Map, give me a clue about my birth parents"Danny instructed. The map rugged him to a newspaper stand.

Taking one and giving the man at the stand money Danny leaned up against a building. The front page displayed on big bold letters

NEW CHARITY GALA HOSTED BY GENEROUS BILLIONAIRE BRUCE WAYNE

"Is this the clue?" He asked himself. It had to be. All the other pages had articles of either Batman or event politics.

"Guess I'll be needing a suit" Danny said tearing out the front page and throwing the rest in an alley.

Danny walked while reading. Apparently the Gala was in a couple of days. Anyone could attend which worked out for Danny.

Sure his older evil version Dan had mastered shapeshifting but Danny still had a long way to go with his powers.

Suddenly a hand grabbed him and forced him back.

Danny had been so absorbed in the article he had t noticed that he walked right into incoming traffic.

"Oh, thanks" Danny said. The person who had pulled him back had been a person who looked around his age. He had bright orange hair.

"Do you have some kind of death wish? You gotta be careful around here!" The kid scolded him.

Unfortunately for the kid Danny had already started reading again. The boy leaned over to see what he was so interested in.

"Oh Bruce Wayne's Gala!" The kid said excitedly.

"I'm actually going to that!"

Danny looked at him suddenly.

"So am I" Danny said slowly.

"Really! Cool! I'm Wally, Wally West" the kid said sticking out his hand.

"Danny Fenton"

The Wally kid was positively glowing. Danny felt uncomfortable around this overly excited kid. As soon as he could Danny tried to lose Wally in the crowd.

It was just a coincidence that they were both going, plus he couldn't answer questions.

Wally West was surprisingly easy to lose. Danny shook him off in seconds.

Wally West immediately dialed his close friend to talk to them about the boys strange appearance.

It had thrown him off guard. Black hair and blue eyes, even his physic. It was freakishly similar to how Rob- someone he knew looked.

But it wasn't that person, so who was he?

Wally wasn't sure, but if he really needed too he could find out more about Danny at the Gala. He was sure to show up with his parents right? So it should be easy enough.

Danny kept up his fast pace but it had slowed to more of a steady, in-a-hurry, type walk. He hopes he could avoid that Wally person at the Gala.

He didn't really know why the map had given him the Gala as a clue. But he figured that somebody there would recognize him, maybe, he wasn't sure. The map wasn't wrong ever so he would just have to go to the stupid thing and find out.

His formal wear wasn't very great though so he would have to take care of that before anything else.

Danny swiveled his head as his eyes darted from building to building. There were so many buildings and clothing shops. It confused the teenage boy who was used to one mall for an entire town.

Danny looked through the money pilfered from Jacks stash. It surprised him how much was there. Danny shook his head, he was pretty sure his parents were secretly rich.

It would explain why they could afford all those parts for their tech and why they didn't have real Jobs.

The closest store to him was a nice tailor shop. Without any better idea of where to go Danny went in.

He didn't miss the employees reactions to the lone child. To be fair he was wearing the finest of clothing and he was a child, alone.

Still, it was infuriating. Danny looked at the bagged up suits. One caught his eye in particular. It was his size or at least close enough. It had a white tie instead of a black one.

It was glossy but the inside was comfortable and the fabric was lightweight so he wouldn't be too hot.

Danny checked it for a price, but I guess being that this shop was a fancy kind of shop where alterations could be done it don't have a set price.

Taking it carefully in his arms, Danny walked up to a man standing at a fine wood finished counter.

Danny laid the suit on the counter.

The man standing there was staring at him speculatively.

"No alterations need to be done to this, I would like to know it's price" Danny said.

The man smirked ever so slightly.

"Three hundred dollars"

Danny gave the man a quick triumphant smile before pulling out the necessary amount of cash.

He exchanged the money for the suit and went on his way.

He went to the Apartment he had found before, happy that they didn't ask questions. Then again this was Gotham as long as you had the money, who cares?

He set the suit aside and worked on his plan for the Gala. He would wait for either someone to approach him or he would approach someone who seemed similar in appearance to him.

He would strike up a conversation and study then for any signs. Then he would research them and possibly contact them.

If they didn't want anything to do with him that was fine too, he understood. But there was that sight chance they did want to know him.

Yes, by the time the Gala rolled around Danny would be prepared.