Da Gala Brahhhhhh

People streamed into the large venue at the Gotham City's town hall. There were a mix of people there ranging from politicians to normal everyday citizens.

Wally West was there too. He stood next to his good friend and famous son of Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake.

Danny straightened his tie nervously as he walked in. Throngs of people were all around him. He had never seen so many people all in one place before.

Danny at one point had to phase through the crowd to get to a safe spot. From the corner of the ball room he surveyed the guests.

His eyes darted from guest to guest. Nobody seemed familiar to him. Danny knew that he would eventually have to talk to someone or a lot of someones to find out anything.

The thought made him queazy. Just as he had worked up the nerve to try and mingle a familiar, slightly annoying face popped up before him.

Danny stared at the ginger in front of him with calculating eyes.

"Hello Danny, glad you came!" Wally said speaking pretty fast.

"Hey" Danny replied back.

"This is my good friend Tim Drake, Bruce Wayne's son, you've probably heard of him"

"I haven't heard of Bruce Wayne until the Gala actually" Danny said trying to hold up the small talk.

"That's strange. Why are you at the Gala then? Did your parents force you to come?" Tim asked returning that same stare.

Danny looked at Tim in surprise. He hadn't thought up a good lie for why he was alone.

"Something like that" he said.

More like the map made him come, but same difference.

"Maybe I should introduce you to Bruce" Tim said suspicious of this boy. He had dark hair and blue eyes. He could easily had been mistaken for Tim.

Besides that he acted too strangely.

"How did you two meet?"

Wally spoke up.

"I saved his life, he almost got hit by a truck" Wally said patting Danny on the back. Danny shrugged.

"I see...well I'd still ike to introduce you" Tim insisted.

"Alright" Danny said. He guessed if he was going to mingle it would be better to have someone introduce him anyway.

Bruce was listening to a slightly large man boast about his business success in very well hidden boredom.

The man rambled on, the only thing saving Bruce from his inevitable doom was his young wards interruption.

"Yes Tim" Bruce said thankful, though he didn't show it, to get away from the political man.

"I'd like to introduce you to someone I find slightly intriguing" Tim said hinting towards something.

Bruce looked past him and almost dropped his wine glass. The boy behind Tim looked like Tim's twin.

"Wally introduced us, his name is Danny" Tim said.

"Nice to meet you Danny" Bruce said firmly.

"You as well, Bruce Wayne" Danny said as they shook hands. He was used to holding a dignified demeanour that hid his emotions after all his run ins with Vlad Masters.

Bruce had to leave the two boys at that moment to give a speech.

Danny snuck away from Wally and his uptight friend to get some fresh air as he wasn't particularly interested in Bruce's speech. There weren't many people around outside. Danny took a deep relaxing breath.