You Thought

Danny crossed his arms and glared at Vlad. They sat across from each other at Vlad's mansion.

"Listen to me Daniel, your parents don't see you for who you are" vlad said.

"Yeah, well when it comes to lying you and them are the same Vlad" Danny said narrowing his eyes.

Vlad smiled.

"Yes, I am a very skilled negotiator. But Danny, I am not the only one gaining something something from this"

Danny rolled his eyes.

"Your so cliche, just like any other villain. You want to take over the world! Well guess what, so does every other law breaking scumbag!" Danny said standing up.

"Your no different. To me your just another stupid villain. No matter what you think you deserve"

Vlad fired a blast passed Danny's head.

"If it was the world I wanted I would've just overshadowed every important government official!" Vlad shouted seething.

Danny by turned to look at Vlad with a tired expression.

"Vlad. I have been on the run for WEEKS. Your not something I feel like dealing with. I don't NEED you." Danny said in a warning tone.

"I will not take no for an answer Daniel!" Vlad said standing up. That was it. Something switched in Danny.

Danny's eyes went completely red. No pupil or anything just red, then he screeched making Vlad cover his ears. It sounded like a banshee lose from hell.

Danny snapped out of it. He was breathing heavily and his eyes were flickering red to green.

"Happy now? Try me again. I really will lose it" Danny said grabbing the door nob.

"Come after me again, and you really will be dead Vlad" Danny said before leaving shutting the door behind him.

Vlad stared at the door in fascination. Danny by had grown stronger. He was dangerous now. He had lost that horrid teenage humor.
But he still hated Vlad, that would be a problem.

Danny pulled his hood in as it down poured outside. He walked in a random direction, eventually getting lost.

Soaked and unsure of himself, Danny sat down under a tree and sobbed. He just wanted to be normal. For his family to love him.

Why was that so hard?

A sharp knock at Vlad's door excited him. He really hoped Danny would be there sulking and soaking wet.

Instead he was met by two middle aged men. One who looked extremely done with life and the other who looked ready to perform an interrogation.

The, ready to die, middle aged man grabbed Vlad's collar.

"Where is he?!" The man growled.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Vlad asked with a smirk.

"Danny's FATHER asswhole!" The man shouted shoving Vlad as he let go. Vlad didn't really move despite the attempt.

"Oh really? Well, Danny came with me because his father didn't want him" Vlad taunted.

"Shut up! I know he only came with you because of your fraudulent paperwork!" Alan shouted.

"So what if he did? He's under my care now, And your trespassing"

Alan started to raise a clenched fist, thats when Bruce intervened.

"Excuse me, I am Bruce Wayne. I haven't come here to be hostile to you. I have been searching for the kid. As of right now your papers are not enough to keep him. " Bruce said

Vlad chuckled.

"If Daniel wanted to be found, he would be. Unfortunately I cannot hold here. He is a headstrong young boy."

"WHAT'S THATS SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!?!"

"He's not here, he ran away" Vlad stated.

"He's out there- in the rain, alone you are a sorry son of a-"

"Let's go" Bruce said.

Alan clenched his teeth as he turned.

"I can track his signature" Bruce said.

"Really? I feel like crap Bruce. He needed me"

Bruce looked at Alan.

"Yes, he does" Bruce said nothing else as he walked.

They went quite a distance in the rain before stumbling on a tree. Danny turned his head warily and stared at the two with a blank expression.

Alan kneeled down and hugged Danny.

"I'm sorry" Alan whispered.

"No reason to be" Danny said exhausted as a result of the heavy crying.

Alan picked up Danny with ease. Maybe it was the fact that Danny weighed practically nothing.

Danny slumped in his arms. He was asleep.

Alan smiled and held him close as they went back to the car.

"I'll protect you" Alan whispered.

"If you need anything Alan, I can help" Bruce said firmly.

"Thanks, so what about that Vlad guy?" Alan asked.

"Nothing, we won't be approaching him again," Bruce replied.

Alan wanted to object but the sleeping child in his arms made him stop.

He had a child now.

Alan let Bruce take Danny to his manor until Alan could find a better place for Danny to stay.

Danny woke up comfortable and warm. He made a sound as he curled up further.

"Hey Danny"

Danny opened his eyes.

"Oh, Alan?" Danny asked as he sat up.

"Yeah, it's me" Alan said smiling kindly.

"Where am I?" Danny asked looking around.

"Bruce's place. He's keeping you until I can fix up a better place. I want you Danny" Alan said.

Danny looked at him with surprise. Alan suddenly hugged Danny. After he got over his initial surprise, Danny hugged him back.

"Now, you need to eat something" Alan said.

They both went to Bruce's dining room.

"This is nuts, Alan's got a son. Wow" Dick said.

"It's rather surprising. I strongly want to spar, to test your abilities" Damien said.

Danny didn't make eye contact. Alan out a hand on Dannys shoulder.

"From now on, we're a father son duo"

Danny looked at Alan.

"What does that mean,"

Alan smiled.

"Your joining me on patrols"

Danny's heart skipped more than a couple beats. You could even said it stopped.

"I tried being a hero once" Danny said.

"You can start over here, with me. I can help you" Alan said.

"Finally a new face!" Jason said. It was rarely ever that Jason Joins family breakfast.

But he had heard of the recent events.

It all felt a little strange. Another dead person.

He had a feeling he and Danny would soon become VERY close.