Circus gothicaaaaaaaaaa

Danny felt his eyes open groggily. His head swiveled around and his feet felt unsteady.

"Welcome to circus gothica! I, Freak show, will be your ringleader. Tonight all your fears and frights will be center stage to haunt you" he exclaimed shoving his staff into the air.

A light shined on Danny and he realized he was on a tight rope.

"This is not good" Danny said out loud. His words were drowned out by the noise of the excited crowd.

Danny started to feel dizzy. Then he noticed how the staff swirled. It made him feel sick.

"From death defying heights, Reaper will cross the rope" Freak show announced.

Suddenly Danny was thrown from the rope and grabbed by a trapeze artist. He was swung up onto a high platform. Before Danny could do anything he was blindfolded.

A strong hand pushed the unsuspecting ghost onto a wire.

"Blindfolded and without a safety net"

Dick clenched his teeth. They had gone there to search for the kid but it was clear to him that this performer didn't have a clue. The way he kept swaying, it wasn't the mark of a performer.

Danny was glad he had been blindfolded because it helped ease the head pain, but he was worried about the rope.

Sure, he could use his ghost powers, but then everyone would suspect him of being the ghost kid. The only thing that they could see right now was cloaked "Reaper".

Danny held.his breath and floated slightly. He put one foot in front of the other. Finally he felt a platform under his feet and he sighed in relief.

Danny went back stage and sat sweating. That staff was supposed to keep him under control somehow, but because he was only half ghost he could resist the urge. All he had to do was stay focused and smash the staff. Easy peasy.

Danny peaked out from his blindfold and peered through the curtains.

He could see Freak show introducing the other hostage ghosts.

He was ted to smash the staff right then and there but it was cast to much attention onto him.

A plan began to formulate in hai head. Later that night he would catch Freak show off guard.

"Thank you for visiting Circus Gothica and please visit us next time we're in town" Freak show said with a large grin before existing backstage.

"Finally! The real fun can begin!" Freak Show said laughing.

"That was interesting" Tom remarked.

"It was suspicious. Something is very wrong with those people. They didn't seem in control of themselves especially that tightrope walker" Dick commented.

Freak show passed the blindfolded Danny who had turned back into Phantom.

Thinking quickly Danny grabbed the staff from Freak Shows hands. His blindfold slipped off in the process leaving him vulnerable.

Freak show gasped.

"Obey me!" He commanded.

Danny's head started to pound.

"Hand me the staff" he commanded.

Danny's hand moved involuntarily towards the ringmaster.

"Danny stop" Tucker shouted barreling into him.

Danny let go of the staff as he fell shattering it.

"NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, GET THEM!" Freak show commanded the other ghosts.
The ghost stated at him with disgust and hatred.

"Your staff doesn't work anymore Freak show. Looks like this Circus act is retired" Tucker said smirking.

Danny stood up as the ghost started towards Freak show. In a panic, freak show fled with the ghosts in tow.

"How did you know where I was" Danny asked.

"I saw you under the hood. It was actually by chance, I thought the circus kinda looked cool"

"Sam is gonna be mad she missed this"

Tucker laughed with Danny as Danny turned back.

"Well I gotta go home, see you soon Danny" Tucker said waving as he left.

"Wait! I done have anywhere to....go" he finished but Tucker hadn't heard him.

Sighing Danny sat down and played with the broken pieces of the staff. It wasn't fair.

His parent thought he was tainted but he wasn't.

Sure he hadn't asked for ghost powers. He never expressed wanting to die a painful death and become a half ghost. If it wasn't for that stupid portal...

Danny sighed and threw the pieces on the ground. He crushed them with his shoe and started to walk away from the big tent. He wouldn't get anywhere by moping around.

Danny walked the same streets he had knew all his life. The streets felt so quiet at night. Danny stopped suddenly.

He had unconsciously been walking back home. With a pained expression he turned away from the big sign signifying that he was home.

Because he wasn't home. Not anymore.

Danny crossed the street and went on the opposite direction. He wanted to run back to his house and try to reason with his parents, but they weren't that type of people.

And they could never love a ghost.

Danny sighed. Clockwork had warned him if this. That he may gain his family only to loose it because he was careless. Clockwork told him to be careful.

Danny kept walking, going past the sign that said Amity Park. He wasn't sure where he was headed to, but he knew he couldn't stay in Amity.

His parents knew his friends so he could bunk at their houses. He sighed. Completely broke and with only a overstuffed bag, Danny decided to make the long trek to Gotham City.

At least there was someone who was there for him. He just had to find them.

At first Danny tried hitch hiking, but no one seemed to want to pick up a scraggly teenage boy with baggage.

Then he used an unconventional way. He stood in the road invisible and Intangible and when a car passed through him he became tangible again.

This worked well, he just had to change cars to go in the right direction.

Finally Danny managed to find a truck that was delivering stuff to Gotham.

He was at a truck stop he found a truck with a Wayne industries logo on the side in the state of Indiana. He knew that was in Gotham and the truck route was heading towards New York

He nestled himself inside and fell asleep. A few times the truck stopped and started again, but Danny was safe in the back of the truck where nobody bothered to go.

The truck passed through Ohio and Pennsylvania before finally making it to New York. Danny sat up in the truck as it came to a stop.

Peeling his head out Danny's eyes grew large. He had made it back to Gotham.

He wanted to celebrate his successful venture but the thought of being rejected by his parents weighed heavily on his spirits.

Danny grabbed his bag and stepped out of the truck, taking ina deep breath he slipped into the streets of Gotham.