Investigation

Danny shoved the stuff back into the box and carried it from the storage room.

He couldn't believe it! His entire life had been based off the fact that his parents were two ghost hunters and they weren't even his real parents.

The only real clue he had was that he was from a city called Gotham. Besides that he didn't really have much to go on.

Danny snatched his phone off from the table and dialed Tuckers cell.

Tucker had been sleeping in late when his beautiful dream about being served grapes by several Star clones (Paulina's satellite) was interrupted by an old fashioned ring tone.

"H-hello, Tucker speaking" Tucker said half asleep.

"Tucker!" Danny shouted. Tucker jumped up and grabbed his glasses.

"Danny? What's up?" Tucker asked.

"My parents aren't my parents! I need your help, how fast can you come over?!" Danny asked frantically.

"Right now? It'll take a little bit but I can come over, but if your parents aren't actually your parents who is?" Tucker asked.

"That's what I need your help with" Danny said sighing from the other end of the line.

"See, in this picture I'm a baby right?" Danny said holding up a picture too Tucker.

"But where was this taken?" Tucker asked.

"Gotham" Danny said.

"So your from Gotham. Nice, are you going to try to find your real parents?"

Danny picked up a photo of Maddie hugging him.

"I don't know. I always thought Jack and Maddie were my parents and sure they're not perfect but neither is other parents."

"My parents are pretty perfect" Tucker boasted.

"Well, I really want to meet them too" Danny said.

"Okay, so you want me to find them? Normally I would say sure but I don't have enough information"

Danny smiled at Tucker.

"I wasn't going to ask you to try and find them. I can do that. I just need you to protect the town while I'm gone" Danny said.

"Yeah, since Sam won't be here either I'll have to be the man of the town" Tucker said proudly.

"I trust you Tuck. I'll let you know when I come back and what I find"

Danny said leaving the box and going back to the storage room. He swiped his bag with his inventions and packed a few more things from his room.

"Don't worry Danny! You can count on me!" Tucker said.

"Just be careful and call Jazz if you really need help. Don't let anyone Into the lab." Danny said.

"Good luck Danny" Tucker said as Danny went into the lab.

He knew every door in the ghost zone led to somewhere. All he had to do was find Gothams. Easy peasy. Putting this hood over his head and changing back into Danny Phantom, Danny stepped into the portal.

The ghost zone gave him serious misdirection. The green tone matched his eery green glow.

As the Ghost Prince of the zone he had access to the Impha-map so having clear directions wasn't much if a problem.

He had a picture of himself when he was younger just in case someone recognized him.

"Please take me to the door to the city of Gotham" Danny said in his loudest clearest voice.

The map didn't respond.

"What's wrong with this thinggggg"

Suddenly the map pulled him, dragging through the ghost zone. He had to avoid a sea of ecto-rocks and make a sharp left turn at a large creepy castle. His future castle actually.

Suddenly the map stopped at a normal looking wood door. Taking a deep breath Danny folded the map and put it away.

He reached for the nob. The door suddenly swung open and he lost his balance. He fell through the door and couldn't believe how unlucky he was. The door opened in the sky above Gotham.

Danny Fazed through a building and landed with a thud into a pile of wood.

"Ughhhh. I'm gonna have a serious headache" Danny said slowly pulling himself off the pile of wood.

He shook his head to clear his vision.

"What's this? An uninvited guest?" A jolly voice asked before laughing.

"Huh" Danny's head swiveled around to find a clownish looking man.

"Another rat sent by the bat. Come for him I'm guessing?" The joker asked gesturing to a young man tied to a chair.

"Who are you?" Danny asked alarmed by the fact that he had a teenager tied to a chair.

"What's wrong big bad bat couldn't come himself, he had to send a little boy to-" before joker could finish Danny landed a sharp punch to his face.

"Listen up clown! I'm not sent by anyone but now that I'm here, I won't be leaving" Danny said.

"Get the brat!" Joker shouted with a drooping frown.

A gang of goons surrounded Danny. At one point one grabbed him from behind while the other went in to punch his gut. Danny fazed out of the guys grip causing that guy to be punched instead. Danny grabbed one guys get and used him to knock down the rest.

The goons laid in a heap unconscious on the floor.

"What? How? AHHH! whatever!" The joker shouted grabbing a hat.

"Watch as I pull something out of my hat" the joker cackled. The joker blew a puff of green gas in Danny's face.

His chest tightened, but without the need to breath he did t end up laughing on the floor.

"Your a freak!" The joker shouted.

"Pfft, were you trying to kill me, hahahaha. You can't kill what's already dead clown. And you call me a freak" Danny said.

The clown smiled widely.

"We'll meet again, I promise you that" The joker shouted before throwing a smoke bomb and disappearing in the smoke.

Danny rushed over to the tied up boy.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I didn't need your help" the boy said shoving Danny once he was untied.

"Sure, but if I hadn't helped you would have been-"

"Eventually Batman would've gotten to me" the boy said with a scowl.

The boy skulked away leaving Danny alone. Danny reached for his bag and fear swept over him. That was until he realized he had dropped it in the struggled.

Danny picked up his bag. He slung it over his shoulder before leaving the building and flying away.

What a strange way to see Gotham for the first time.