A summons

Clark was playing catch in the yard on his family's plot of land with his son. He had taken his son to Bruce's meta lab a month earlier when his son started to exhibit powers.

It hadn't given him many answers. But Damien had really warmed up to Jon.

Just as Clark threw the ball a beeping sound ran out. Clark froze. That beep was reserved for one thing.

Clark fumbled for his phone.

"B-Bruce, hey-" Clark sid nervously. Bruce never called him. Never. Like ever.

"I need you to come over to the batcave" Batman said pointedly.

"C-can I ask why?" Clark asked feeling like he would rather fight an alien or stop a train.

"There's a meta here. I can't find out much using the scanner and you have some experience, you and your son, your both Meta's with powers." Bruce explained flatly.

"I never agreed to this!" A foreign voice shouted in the background.

"Come immediately" Bruce said hanging up.

"W-wait, haa" Clark sighed.

"Well Jon, we're going on a field trip" he said turning to Jon.

"Danny, wait!" Peter said as Danny stormed away.

"What?!"

Peter looked at the angry teenager in desperation.

"You came here for answers, why leave before you get them?"

Danny scoffed.

"Superman isn't that dead" Danny retorted.

"By that logic, no on can help you" Peter said. Danny's eyes shifted guiltily.

"Danny-" Peter started.

"I won't ever ask him for help" Danny grumbled.

"What aren't you telling me?"

Danny sat on the step and stared at the floor.

"There's another person, someone like me"

Bruce listened intently.

"But he's crazy! And he's only out for himself!" Danny shouted standing up and throwing his hands up.

"And-" Danny hesitated.

Peter looked st him expectantly.

"He wants me to be his son, like I said he's crazy, he tried to trick me into thinking he was my father, as if!" Danny said.

"Bruce?" A deep voice asked.

Danny turned around, skittish at the new sound.

Clark froze at the face he saw.

"Woah" Jon said peeking out from behind his father.

"Is this the meta?" Clark asked approaching. Danny took several steps away from Clark. His feet were on the edge of the platform.

"I'm not a meta" Danny said with a glare.

"Then, what are you?" Jon asked.

Danny smirked and leaned back falling into the caves bottom. Clark shouted out. Jon tsn to the edge, remembering this surprise plunge.

Both looked surprised when Danny floated up.

"I'm dead" Danny said dryly.

"T-that's impossible" Jon said.

"So I take it you cant help? Then I have no reason to stay" Danny said passing a glance at Peter.

"Who are you?" Clark asked.