76 : First Day of High School

Lizzie's pov

It was Alex's first day of high school and I couldn't be anymore nervous right now. Especially since she is a 14 year old. She has been such a pleasure to watch grow into this amazing young woman.

"Ok, so you have everything you need?" Y/N questioned as she went down her list as Alex chuckled.

"Yes mama." Alex told her with a chuckle.

"Are you sure? Here, just let me double check." Y/N went to check her bag which I soon held her hand.

"Stop worrying Y/N." I told her softly as she sighed. I could see the proud tears in her eyes before she looked at Alex.

"I'm just." She took a deep breath. "So fucking proud of her. So fucking proud." She kissed Alex's head before she disappeared to get her own keys.

"Is mama ok?" Alex asked me as I just nodded with a smile.

"She is." I told her. "She's just so proud of you. We all are." I opened my arms for her, which she didn't hesitate in jumping in. Making me smile as I kissed her head. My 14 year old daughter was almost as tall as me, which is funny. She most definitely is Y/N's double, except for her eyes.

"Come on Mon âme, we don't want to be late." Y/N told her as she smiled at me. Alex bid goodbye before she ran off with her mama. "I'll see you later."

"Yes you shall." I told her with a kiss as I watched the two drive off before I got Aiden and Daniel ready for there first day at school.

Y/N's pov

It felt weird driving back to Campbell High, were both Lizzie and I attended and graduated. Well, me barely but I still did it.

"So you definitely have everything?" I asked her once more as we pulled up.

"Yes mama." She chuckled as I smiled at her.

"I'm sorry. I just want you to be prepared." I told her softly. She smiled and kissed my cheek before she left the car and walked into school. I smiled before I drove to the autoshop. Already greeted by a happy Clive.

"Did she go in ok?" He asked me as I nodded with a smile before I got dressed in my overalls.

"She was happy." I told him as we started to work on one of the cars that needed to be fixed as soon as possible. "I'm proud of her."

"Well she does have two badass moms." He smiled as I nodded.

"Lizzie is badass." I agreed as I remembered those four years she raised Alex and finished college, as well as filming her first project.

"And so are you." He stated as he handed me a wrench. "You've overcome a lot of trauma and you still wake up every morning."

"That's because I have a reason to wake up every morning." I told him. "Lizzie and those kids give me the purpose I need to get by and not give up. What happened in the past doesn't define the person I am today. The person I want to be for my family."

"I admire that." He stated as he got to work beside me as we solved the problem. "Those kids have two amazing role models." As the day went on, we had managed to fix the car and got it running once more. I had recieved a text from Lizzie saying that she is taking the three kids to her mom's for dinner and she will see me at home.

"Y/N?" I recognised that voice, looking up I saw my little brother, tears in his eyes.

"What's going on?" I questioned as he shook his head. I just led him to my office without a question from Clive, locking the door as I got him a drink.

"I uh." He whispered as he played with the bottle in his hands. "I was attacked." I gave him a confusing glance until he went over to my sink, washing his face to reveal bruises.

"Who?" I questioned as he shook his head no. I remember the moment he came out to me. Telling me about his crush at the time. "Please don't you dare tell me he did this." I pleaded as he sobbed. "I'm going to fucking kill him."

"Please don't leave me." He whispered as I sighed.

"You're going to stay with Lizzie and me until we sort this out ok." I told him as he nodded. "Do you have any clothes?" He shook his head no as I sighed. "We'll go shopping right now, Clive can close up the shop for me."

"Y/N, I'm scared." He whispered as I gave him a reassuring hug.

"I won't let him hurt you again Jamie." I whispered as he held on to me for dear life.

By the time we had made it home, the kids were already in bed and Lizzie gave the two of us a questioning look. I told Jamie to go to the guest room, which he has stayed in plenty of times as I walked into the kitchen, followed by a worried Lizzie.

"Is he ok?" She questioned as I sighed.

"No." I told her. "Derek has been, well you've seen his face. The bruises." I told her as I got a drink of water.

"What are you thinking about?" Lizzie asked me.

"How much I want to kill him with my bare hands." I told her as she cupped my face, forcing me to look in her eyes.

"He came to you because he feels safe with you." She told me as I just nodded. "So just be there for him. See if he wants to go back and get his things and maybe go with him. Help him get back on his feet." She told me. "You can't be there for him if you're behind bars."

"You're right." I whispered as she smiled at me.

"I'm always right." She told me before she grabbed some snacks and water. "I'm going to take these to Jamie." I watched as she disappeared up the stairs before I grabbed my keys and left the house.

AN

Jamie has come to his big sister for help. Where do you think Y/N is going. Please let me know what you think