「 ✦ 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗮 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 ✦ 」

You woke up the very next morning to the sound of Miles snoring softly, only, you didn't see him anywhere near you. The blankets were gone, and your skin felt cold and numb against the A/C. You examined the area until the snoring got louder on Miles's side of the bed. You looked down to see him a fraction of the way on the bed, face down on the hardwood floors and ankles hanging onto the edge of the bed for dear life. 

   "ain't no fuckin way in the goddamn world..." I murmur as I take out my phone and snap a pic of Miles half dead on the floor. I giggle as quietly as I can, stepping over Miles to begin making some breakfast in the kitchen. I flip through the mental pages of the cookbook in my mind, weighing out the pros and cons of making each meal. I tilt my head up and to the side as I cross my arms before I decide to make parfaits and cinnamon roll pancakes. I take out some strawberries and blueberries from the bottom compartment of my fridge and place them under the running sink water to let soak as I make the pancakes.

   I clutch a large pink bowl and place it on the marbled countertop, before adding an egg, milk, and some oil into the bowl. I whisk that together lightly before adding flour, baking soda, and sugar and whisk it all together. I place the batter on the side of the counter as I place a taller mug in front of me, adding the softened butter, cinnamon, and sugar before transferring the mixture to a piping bag. I gently spray the pan with some butter and wait for it to heat up. When the pan seems to be hot enough, I pour out the pancake mixture into the pan to make some medium-sized pancakes, piping the cinnamon sugar mixture into small swirls on top, then put the lid over the pan to cook the pancakes without having to actually flip them.

   While the pancakes cook, I turn my attention back to the fruit in the sink. I drain the water from the berries, and put them in a bowl, tossing them lightly to mix them up. I pick up two Venti cups I got from Starbucks, filling them with a layer of vanilla yogurt, almond granola, brown sugar syrup, and fresh fruit. I wait for a little bit before I take out the pancakes, ensuring that they're cooked the whole way through, before putting four on two plates, drizzling them with icing, and sprinkling a lil bit of cinnamon on top. By the time I hear scuffling and a loud groan from my room, I'm already halfway finished my parfait and two pancakes have disappeared from my plate. "Ya neck hurt?"

   "Shut up," he grumbles as he gives me a sleepy hug from above, shifting all of his body weight onto my shoulders as he rests his head on top of mine. "N good morning."

   "Good morning! Your food is in the microwave." I chirp as I point to the kitchen. I turn on the TV to see if there was anything entertaining on, opting to turn on a random series my friend Gabriella landed the lead on. Admittedly, I really just needed the background noise for stimulation. I scroll on my phone as I hear a third sound being added to the mix. I whip my head around in search of the light tapping noise, only to see Miles tapping on the counter as the stares at the ground. "Bambi? You good over there?" I ask. He seemed a lil lost in his thoughts as he gazed down at the tile floor of the kitchen.

   "Huh..? Oh-Oh yeah. I'm straight. I probably should get home though, I was supposed to be back before the street lights come on...I'm out!" He exclaims as he runs out the door, taking my cup and my plate with him. That was odd. I thought he said he was in the green to stay the night. Anyway, I began my morning routine that consisted of showering in scalding hot water, washing my face and applying shea butter and sunscreen, brushing my teeth, and fixing my hair. I throw on a pretty blue varsity jacket, an all-white face mask, a white tank top, and black jeans to take a walk outside.

 I throw on a pretty blue varsity jacket, an all-white face mask, a white tank top, and black jeans to take a walk outside