「 ♥︎ 𝗧𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗹 𝗛𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘆 ♥︎ 」

You got up at 6:30 in the morning, getting ready to repeat the soul-sucking cycle of school, shaking the sleep from your eyes as Gia lay face down on her pillow. You let out a light chuckle as you slipped into the bathroom, turning on the hot water and prepping the bathroom for a quick shower. You were at peace for about five minutes before that pit of realization caught up to you. You stood in the shower as you let the searing water run down your neck, plastic-lined bonnet preventing any water from touching your hair. How in the hell were you going to talk to Miles?

   You spent a good chunk of your time with him, and it would be odd for the once peaceful silence to turn thick and awkward, hints of confusion lacing the air as the other wonders what was on the other's mind. You weren't exactly thrilled, but acting is your job...you'd manage. You hopped out of the shower, scrubbing your teeth with that same old light blue toothpaste and purple mouthwash. It wasn't really your fault, he was just perfect in every way possible. You shrugged as you slid into your uniform, growing angrier with your tie with every second that passed before deciding to leave it halfway done. 

   You gently shook Gia awake, being extra gentle to not startle her so early in the morning. After she got up and made her way to the bathroom, you made your way up to Miles's dorm so you could go get breakfast together in the cafeteria. He closed the door behind him, giving you his usual sleepy smile. "Hey, B" He whispered as you two descended the hall "G'mornin'."

   You let out a slightly louder-than-expected yawn, stretching your arms out above you, muttering a small "G'morning, Bambs. What's for breakfast today?" 

   He shrugged with a rather confused expression, indicating to you that he wasn't sure. "I think Ganke said it was supposed to be waffles and eggs...Or maybe it was somethin' else." He said as we approached the soft white glow of the cafeteria through the dimly light hallway. The smell of pancakes, strawberries and cream, bacon, and eggs wafted through the air as we grabbed our trays and made our way to the small line. Upon closer inspection, we realized that it was strawberry pancakes with a side of eggs and bacon, and you could choose between some fresh OJ or a fountain drink. I scanned my school ID on the reader, paying for my lunch while I waited for Miles to follow suit. 

   His smile fell as he caught sight of my tie, lying loose and lip underneath my navy blue sweater. He furrowed his brows and narrowed his eyes, placing his tray down on one of the tables before beckoning me closer. I leaned in slightly, confused as to what made him stop suddenly before I felt his hands fidget with my tie, properly adjusting it so it fits snugly against my neck. "How the hell you 16 and can't fix your tie." he teased with a playful mug.

   "Miles shut the fuck up and eat your food." I retort as I stab at my pancakes with my fork.

   He laughed quietly as more students began to pour into the cafeteria, a few unfamiliar faces taking uninvited seats around me and him with them same old plastic smiles. "Hey Y/N! How's your day been going." A rather nice-looking girl asked. I didn't recall seeing her in any of my classes, so I assumed this was just a random student looking for companionship. I gave her a small nod and thumbs up, not tearing my focus away from my food. Amidst all the gaining conversation at the table, I notice Gia and Ganke waiting in line with their trays making conversation.

   "Not those two being inseparable..." Miles sighed.

   "Bambi, you're literally by my side every waking moment of the day." I laugh as I gently smack my hand down on the wooden table.

   "That's different!" He argues as he absent-mindedly fidgeted with his fingers. "I've literally been around you for like...six months" He chuckled.

"Why do you call him Bambi?" Another girl asked, spoon hanging from the bottom of her lip as she leaned forward slightly. "You two knew each other outside of school?"