「 ♥︎ 𝗢𝗯𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 ♥︎ 」

You woke up at 5 in the morning, much to your and Miles's dismay. Your alarm blared throughout the dorm, the background vocals to 'Stranger' By Jhene Aiko gently severing you from the now-forgotten realm of your dreams. You stretched out aggressively, shaking slightly as the holy ghost swept over your body. You watched as Miles glared at you like you had committed a grave sin, giggling quietly as you gently patted the top of his semi-smashed fro. "G'morning Bambi,' you mumbled as you rubbed your eyes.

"Just morning, cuz if it was good I'd be back in my dream right now," he mumbled as he rose from his slumber like the undertaker. He fluffed out his hair, wasting absolutely zero time in grabbing his spray bottle and pick, re-fluffing his lively curls. You watched him for a couple of seconds before turning your attention to your phone screen. It was Friday. You finally processed his sentence and formulated a reply a little later than you'd like to admit.

"I can't remember my dream..." I grunted as I took a good glance at myself in the mirror, examining my face. "What was yours about?"

"No comment," he replied almost instantly.

"Oookay then..." I shrugged with wide eyes and a dumb-founded mug, slowly nodding as I fixed my curls in the mirror, gently fluffing them and making sure they were presentable before I went anywhere today. "Oh, Bambi by the way?" you began as you kept your attention on the mirror.

"Yeah? Wassup B?" He asked as he tucked his pick back in its respective drawer and set his spray bottle back on the dresser. He leaned back and put both hands on the polished oak.

"Can we go on a date after school? I think we should hit up like...I don't know actually. I'll figure something out" I shrugged nonchalantly. 

Miles's face contorted in between a mix of shock, fear, and pure joy as he went to speak, but made no noise. I looked him up and down as I watched him struggle to form actual sentences, listening to his babbles that consisted of "Uh- I- Um-" and "When-". I gave a couple of blinks, nodding slowly and pretending I understood. "It's okay twin take your time..." I giggled as I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing any harder.

"Shut up..." he whined as he lowered his head to the ground, fighting back giggles as he took deep breaths. "And yeah, we can go on a date. I'll find somewhere don't worry" he finally answered with an adorable lop-sided smile. I gave him a wide grin and a small peck on his cheek before gesturing towards the door. "Alright I gotta go, they sweep dorms in like an hour" I explained as I shimmied out the door, watching as Miles gave me a small little wave. I gently closed it before turning around, coming face to face with a rather giddy Gia and Ganke.

"Damn, what did y'all go do?? CRACK?" I whisper-yelled as they giggled like a herd of children. I slowly grabbed Gia's arm, swapping out the mismatched roommates for the correct ones. I muttered a small goodbye to Ganke, turning my attention back to Gia who looked like she was dying to tell me something. I pinched the bridge of my nose playfully, taking a deep sigh before addressing the elephant in the room. "What did you do?"

"You. WON'T. BELIEVE IT! OH, MY GOD, WE WERE AT A COMIC SHOP RIGHT, OKAY SO I MAY HAVE STOLEN A COUPLE OF COMICS-" Gia rambled as you made your way back to your dorm. Your eyes widened as she not so subtly eluded that she had gotten into a high-speed chase with the police for graffiti, and then dined and dashed at a 24-hour diner. I slowly covered her mouth with my hand, bawling up her lips as I unlocked the door of our dorm, throwing her up on her bed and lying down.  Madam Sticky Fingers had a shoplifting issue. And I just got into a relationship with Spider-Man. What a parallel!

I patiently waited for the knock at the door, ruffling my hair to make it look like a mess as I got up to answer the guidance counselor. "G'morning Mrs. Webb..." I groaned out as I pretended to be tired. It's moments like this where I'm thankful for my career path and knowing how to act my ass off.