「 ♥︎ 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗞𝗻𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗹𝗲𝘀 ♥︎ 」

We reached Miles's house within 15 minutes, considering how he began swinging through the city halfway through. The air felt cold as it kissed your eyelashes, permitting tears to form at your waterline from the wind resistance. Even though the breeze became offensive and dried out your eyes, it felt heavenly against your skin which grew hotter by the minute. The past couple of days had been stressful due to juggling both work and school, but someone practically breaking into your home this morning was the icing on the fucking cake. But right now your only focus was to close your eyes and combat the neon lights of Times Square to avoid worsening your migraine.

"You good back there? Ion want you to get nauseous or nothing," Miles shouted, making sure I could hear him over the whistles of the wind and slight mist. I wrapped my hands around his neck tighter, attempting to draw more body warmth from my boyfriend through the tight spandex of his spider suit. I nodded, exhaling deeply as I finally adjusted to the harsh patterns of the wind. The 'ride' was smooth, except for the occasional dips and jumps Miles did to maneuver billboards, buildings, signs, or whatever stood between him and our destination. His breathing was calm, controlled, and steady as he breathed deep gulps against the accelerated wind.

He must've learned that along the way.

We landed together on the fire escape of Miles' house, clutching my stomach as he placed me back on my feet and quickly peeled off his midnight black and red Spider-suit, revealing his sleeveless black hoodie and grey ball shorts. "How did that even fit under your suit?" I asked, not bothering to hide the mix of shock and slight terror forming on my face. "Hammer Space!" Miles exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear as he scooped me back up and descended from the fire escape. "Alright, when we get in my house Imma put you in my room and get you something to eat. We walked here, got it?" He explained as he carried me up the loud metal stairs of his apartment complex. 

The hallway was dimly lit but still felt comfortable, each of Miles' footsteps echoing through the building walls as he fiddled for his keys. He swung open the front door, and the smell of home-cooked soup and cedar wood flooded your senses, blending into the perfect home ambiance. I always loved coming over to the Morales' household, their unbreakable family bond always made me feel safe and comforted; like there was always a warm bucket of love waiting for me at the door. I leaned my face in the crook of Miles' neck, softening in his arms shortly after finding the feeling in my legs again from being propelled forward at more than ten...miles...per hour.

Get it? No? My bad.

"Miles? Estás tú? ¿Cuándo llegaste a casa?" Mama Rio called from the depths of the fragrant kitchen. Miles hauled the both of us into the living room, laying me down on the pale blue couch as he went to go hug his mother. "Hola, Mami! I uh...I just got home like a few minutes ago...?" He winced, clearly attempting to translate his mother's words on the spot while she squished his cheeks like a chubby baby. "Muy bien! Your Spanish is getting better! Here try-" Mama Rio began, quickly cutting herself off when her eyes locked onto my tired form peeking over the couch. "Ay, Dios Mio! Why didn't you tell me my daughter-in-law was here? Hi my love!" she squeaked, quickly walking towards me with her usual grin and open arms. 

Up close I realized just how much she and Miles looked alike; they had the same smile, the same doe eyes, and the same dimple in their smile. "Hey Mama Rio...." I mumbled with a small grin, hugging her as tight as my body would allow. She was warm as she engulfed me in a tight squeeze. "What's the matter? You look a little bit sick...Miles, why didn't you take her to your room!" She groaned, side-eyeing her son as she retreated to the kitchen and somehow cooked...faster? "Mama, I was going to! Jeez, I didn't wanna be rude..." Miles grunted as he scooped me up off the couch. There was a sudden shift in the atmosphere that screamed danger, and I'm sure Miles felt it too.

"Qué?"

Ah SHIT.

I quickly brought my legs to work to the best of their ability, hopping out of Miles' arms as I turned to look over at Rio, who was now possessed by nothing but fury. 

"¿Qué quieres decir 'Jeez'?" she stated, turning around and facing Miles with her arms crossed as she leaned slightly. "Well, good talk Miles I'll be in your room, bye!" I quickly exclaimed, speed-jogging into his cozy little space and shutting the door behind me. There was one thing I knew in life, and that was the concept of "not my fault", and to always get out of the way when someone's parent looked even the slightest bit upset. It wasn't my job to intervene with 'the canon' or save him, he said what he said.

"Wait-No, B COME BACK!" Miles shouted,  banging on his door as I waited for the storm to calm—sorry babe.

I tuned out the shouted Spanglish happening just outside the off-white oak door of Miles' bedroom, opting to look around the room and be nosey for once in a while. I tried on his seemingly new black graphic tee and played with his Graffiti markers. I signed my name all in his sketchbook, doodling out my tag in various shades of purple and blue before flipping through a page, yielding a light blue bus ticket to come falling at my feet. I gently stuffed the ticket back in its respective location, examining the many pages in his sketchbook that looked ripped, scribbled over, or completely covered by a thick layer of white-out.

Part of me wanted to know what rested under those pages, but that wasn't any of my business. So what did I do?

Leave it alone.

I sat myself down on Miles' soft deep blue bedsheets, scrolling on my Instagram to see what my friends were doing right now. Tierra was out somewhere at a premiere for our mutual friend Stacy's new movie, hand-in-hand with the star of the show. I smiled to myself, liking the photo before leaving a small little comment down below.

"Cuties omg!! 💗" Liked by creator

I tucked myself in Miles' blankets, resting my head against the soft little 'purrrowler' plush as I heard his bedroom door creak open.

"Oh, my bad." He whispered, gently lifting my head up and replacing the delicate stuffie with a satin pillowcase. If you know you know!

"G'night B!"