「 ✦𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗠𝗲✦ 」

I woke up the next morning, staring out the foggy window as the condensation dripped down the glass. It was grey, gloomy, and everything I adored as I quickly scrambled to light some candles to enhance the atmosphere. It's not that I enjoyed being in the rain, I just loved the concept of rain. Cuddled up, dim lighting, slow mornings, It had always been a perfect recipe for relaxation. I stretched upward, letting out a small grunt as I reached for my phone to text Miles, who was no longer in his room.

Compared to last night, I felt amazing. I was no longer plagued by a headache gifted to me by the fucking devil, and I felt a little less drowsy than before.

➹ 'HIIII BAMBS !!'
Delivered

He'll get back to me later. He's probably on patrol. Anyway, I got my ass up out of bed and darted to the shower. I repeated the same routine, letting the scalding water course down my shoulders and flow from my fingertips as I scrubbed away any grime. I sighed contently, steam emitting off my body as I stepped out of the shower onto the plush bathroom mat. My face wrinkled as I stared at the bathroom sink, I mean damn what the hell is this niggas skincare routine? Soap bar and water? Never mind bro, I'll wash my face when I get home.

I put on a pair of Miles' old basketball shorts and a graphic tee, collecting my things before stepping out of the bathroom and laying back down on Miles' bed. I scrolled on my phone, texting back and forth with Tiana before seeing that familiar red heart pop up at the top of my screen. My eyes lit up, quickly darting to the notification as I giggled and kicked my feet back and forth.

➹ 'Heyyyᡣ • . • 𐭩'

➹ 'Wya? You on patrol rn ?'

➹ 'I was but I'm coming back rn'
' Oh and I want to talk abt smth later? Please?'

➹ 'Ofc Ofc'
Bambi💗 Liked a message

I planted my phone back on the bed, cringing internally as I reread the message over and over again in my mind. He never wanted to "talk" about anything before, so I guess he saw something while on patrol and wanted to talk about it. It wasn't exactly uncharacteristic of him to come stumbling in my arms as he angrily reenacted how he beat up a particularly frustrating villain, leaving me questioning if Miles was beefin' with random grown men.

Never mind that, let me get ready for work. I had to leave out in the next 4 hours and I had only taken a shower. I shot back up from Miles's bed, grabbing a shirt that was too small for him before and scouring through his closet for some matching sweatpants or jeans I could style. The fabrics were arranged in an array of colors, starting from black and ending with purple. 

Black, Grey, White, Blue, Red, Yellow...As long as it makes sense in his brain. I combed through about 10 bottoms before deciding on some baggy blue jeans to pair nicely with the storm grey t-shirt that sat comfortably over my torso. I tugged on the pants, smoothing out any wrinkles in my clothes before standing in front of the mirror and getting a good look at the masterpiece I had created.

My phone found its way in front of my face, quickly snapping a quick photo that I was probably gonna post on my close friends later.