Chapter 11: Chow Down

Bailey's POV
We went to our cabins. I think I need to talk to Arthur about Akira. "Arthur, can we chat in private?" I asked him. "Why does it have to be private? Why can't everyone else hear?" Asked Mike. Mike was being annoying. Arthur was reading his book. "Good book?" I asked. "Hm yeah. What do you need to talk to me about?" "We need to talk about your part in the math project." Arthur was a bit of a bookworm. "What are you reading, Arthur?" "The Fault In Our Stars." It looked as if he'd only started the book. "Have you told anyone about you know?" By you know, I meant his crush. He shook his head. "Maybe we should tell the cabin?" "Maybe." Arthur was still reading his book. "Tell the cabin what?" Stewart asked. "Um Arthur?" I asked him. "Tonight, not now." "Can you tell me? Pleassseeeeeeee?" Zane asked. "Not yet." Arthur said. "Pleaseseeeee?" "I guess one person wouldnt hurt." Arthur finally gave in. Zane got on the bunk.

Arthur's POV
Zane got on my bunk. I put my book down and whispered to him. "I have a crush on Akira." Zane's mouth was wide opened and he was squealing. He needed to stop. "Arthur ha-" Bailey and I shushed him. "Oops sorry, I forgot." I regret telling Zane. I wasn't ready to tell the whole cabin. Finally I could read my book in peace. Zane and Bailey got off my bunk. The book was kind of interesting. They were all silent, this was good. "I'm bored." Atlas said.  Let me guess, they probably all were bored. No one responded to Atlas. I have no idea what the others are doing. Someone knocked on our door. I got up and opened the door. Vice Principal Frankie was there. "Bailey, you need to go now." Amber was already there talking to some cat. Strange. Bailey walked over to Vice Principal Frankie. And shut the door. "Did anyone bring food?" Cosmo asked. "I brought some butter." Elton said. What? Okay Elton is so weird. "Why would you bring-, just never mind." Cosmo said. I had to agree with Cosmo, that was just strange. "Can we have early lunch because I'm so bored." Mike asked. We all got up and started walking. Stewart knocked on the door. "Code name!" I think Cindy said? "Code it's Stewart open the door." Cindy opened the door. "That's not a code name but okay. Let me guess, early lunch?" "Yes." Stewart said. They all got out of the cabin and started walking. I was walking on the back and so was, Akira, Coco and Paisley. Akira was right next to me. Then Zane started to talk to me. "So are you going to tell her?" "No." "Are you going on a date with her?" "No!" "Will you give  her pet friendly chocolate and roses?" "NO!" Zane was being so annoying, can he stop bugging me?! Why did I tell him in the first place, ugh. I moved up to Cindy, Mishka and Artemis. We finally got into the dinner hall and we picked a table. Glitter, Cosmo and Mike went to different tables. Bailey finished quick. "Wait do you know what's getting served up?" Akira asked Bailey. "Yes, Pad See Ew." What is pad see ew? Finally the chef and waiters came and gave us "Pad See Ew." "Pad See Ew! Enjoy! Oh wait you are the curious lot! Any questions?" "What is in pad see ew?" Artemis asked. "Okay so the main pad see ew has onions, garlic, broccoli, rice noodles and beaten egg. Then there's the marinade that has all different types of sauces then the sauce, which has similar to the marinade, enjoy!" "Taste tester?" I asked. "I will, it looks quite good." Atlas was not wrong, it did look good. Atlas ate some of it. "Yummy!" We all started to dig in. It has quite a bit of flavor, but I liked it. We started to eat. Bailey started to whisper to me. But I couldn't quite hear what he was saying. Too quiet and muffled. "Why you guys whispering to each other so much now? Are you guys best friends again?" Cindy asked. Well i don't know about best friends but we were.. friends. "No we're friends." Bailey said. He thought the same obviously. What would it be like if I was still best friends with Bailey? Would I been sitting next to him on the bus instead of Mishka? I guess I won't figure that out. "I bet I can eat faster than you." Coco randomly said. Who was she even talking to. "Oh really?" Elton said. "Wait are you guys going to have a chow down?" Mish said. A chow down?! I'm excited now! "What's a chow down?" Coco asked. "You seriously don't know what a chow down is? It's just a pet eating contest and you have to eat it with no paws or cutlery, winner gets a prize." "Chow down?" Elton asked Coco. He had his paw out. "Chow down." Coco said shaking his paw. "What's the prize?" Elton asked. "How about a candy from Cindy?" Paisley asked. "Deal" they both said. "3, 2, 1," Stewart count downed. They started eating, Coco was going surprisingly fast. Elton was struggling to keep up. "Chow Down! Chow Down!" Zane started to chant while banging his cup on the table. We started to do the same. "Chow Down! Chow Down!" Chow down was a serious thing. Then other tables started to get into it, watching Coco and Elton. "Chow Down! Chow Down!" Coco was beating him. "Coco, you are doing great!" Akira said. Akira was always so nice to her friends.

Coco's POV
Must eat. Must eat. Must eat. I was almost finished but was Elton almost finished? I don't know, I honestly have no clue! Everyone was chanting Chow Down. I was almost finished. "Coco, lick the plate clean!" Artemis said. Lick the plate clean? I've never done that, oh well here goes nothing. I started to lick the plate. I took one last lick and I was done. What now. Arthur ran over to me and lifted my paw up. "Winner of the Chow Ch-ch Chow Down!" He wasn't stammering. Did everyone always say Chow Ch-ch Chow Down? Everyone cheered.