Chapter 31: Arts & Crafts

Bailey's POV
Arts and Crafts? Why isn't Miss Bella taking this? She loves art. "I am going to pair you guys up. Then I'll explain the activity." "Arthur and Bailey. Atlas and Cosmo. Elton and Stewart. Mike and Zane." There was 2 tables. 2 pairs on each one. Arthur and I got table 1. Mike and Zane sat opposite us. Atlas, Cosmo, Elton and Stewart went to the other one. "Alright, now that you guys are all in pairs, we shall start the activity. There are 4 colors. Red, Pink, Purple and Blue. I will ask trivia questions and whoever gets it right gets that paper. First, Red. What's the capital of the USA?" Zane's paw shot straight up. "Yes Zane?" "I think it's Washington D.C?" "Correct, you and Mike get the red paper. Next. For the pink paper. What's the capital of Japan?" Arthur shot his paw right up. "OOH OOH! Tokyo!" "Correct Arthur, you and Bailey get the pink paper." The pink paper? Seriously Arthur?! "Why'd you answer for the pink paper?" "Sorry my bad." He said. "Now for the purple paper, what's the capital of France?" Stewart put his paw up. "Stewart?" "Paris." "Correct! You and Elton get the purple paper. Now since blue's the last one left, it goes to Atlas and Cosmo." He gave them the blue Paper. What is the point of these colored papers again? "We will be doing... origami!" "Oh I suck at origami." Zane randomly said. We all had a laugh. Mike looked a bit disappointed in Zane. "Pink Paper gets to make a Swan. Red Paper gets Crane. Purple Paper gets Owl. Blue Paper gets Lotus Flower." Swan? How to make a swan? "Whichever pairs makes the best looking origami wins! Your pair must choose a folder and someone to read out the instructions." He gave us an instruction sheet and photo of what it's meant to look like. "Can I read out the instructions? You fold? Pretty please?" I begged him. "Fine with me, I'm really good at origami." I don't want to fold because 1. Origami is not my thing and I'm not too good at it and 2. If something goes wrong I can blame Arthur. I know that sounds a little selfish or mean but.. won't be my fault. "Fold diagonally and then open it back up." He did that. "Bring the 2 corners in towards the center crease, forming a kite" I didn't understand anything about it, but that's why I'm reading it and Arthur is folding. "Flip the paper over and fold the 2 corners into the center crease again." "Fold the kite in half, bringing the bottom of the tail up to meet the top." "This is so easy." "What do you mean this is easy?! It sounds so complicated!" "Trust me Bailey, it's easy. Beginner level probably." "Fold down the tip of the top layer to create the beak. Hang on, this is like a 11 steps!" When I turned to look at the origami, Arthur had already finished. "How did you-" "it's quite easy. I've already memorized it before." Okay I was so right, Arthur was good at folding. We had to wait for everybody to finish. "Now that you all are finished.. I am going to see who has made the best origami." Mr Gareth walked around and inspected each and every origami.  "The winner is... Arthur and Bailey! Your prize is... these dim sum squishy." He gave us each one.