CHAPTER 16🍂

(Third Person's POV)

It was the weekend, as usual Sorin was volunteering at the nursing home.

She found solace working there, she did not know why but she always felt a sort of connection with the place, she forgot her lonliness.

She carefully placed the stack of boxes on the kitchen floor, it was the groceries for the month, sent by the sponsors. She was helping carrying them inside from the truck.

"Oh! Thankyou god you came, Sorin." Mira exclaimed as she organised the contents from the boxes.

"It would take hours if it is just me."

"I will come everyday once my exam is over." Sorin said, helping her.

Mira was one of the caretakers, she was a strong and kind lady, Sorin like her immensely.

"Aunt Mira!"

A familiar voice boomed from behind which urged Sorin to turn her head. She creased her eyebrow, confused, when she saw Ron striding up towards them.

Mira's eyes light up as she smiled wider, an indication that she was really fond of the boy.

"You look so preety today." He smiled as he hugged her.

"Flirting even with his own aunt! You will never change." Mira laughed as she patted on his back.

"Now tell me what are you doing here?"

"I come to meet you. I miss you."

Ron pulled back and smiled, his guiltless boyish smile that could make hundreds of heart swoon for him.

"As if you'd ever remember you have an aunt." She pulled his ear.

"Ow!" He yelped.

"Okay! Okay! Dad asked me to deliver the groceries."

Mira released her grip, a satisfied smile on her face. Sorin just stood there, with her eyes wide, flabbergasted.

She did not even imagine anyone would be able to boss the great Ronx who conquer the hearts of almost all the girls in the campus.

"Hi." Ron arched his eyebrow when he noticed Sorin.

"You work here?"

"Do you know each other?" Mira asked, surprised.

"Yeah." He replied before Sorin could.

"Not exactly." Sorin explained.

"We just study in the same school."

"Oh! I forgot you study in the same school!"

Mira said to herself and Ron joked that her memory was deterioting since she was getting old, earning a glare and hit on the head.

"Sorin, this jerk here is my nephew. You must known him since he is in your school."

"But let me warn you, don't get fooled by his looks." Mira said, ignoring the protesting boy beside her.

Sorin looked at Ron, she remembered that Mira often talked about her nephew, only that she did not expect the sweet boy to be Ron.

"So you mean, you are that Sorin?" Ron looked at her, his eyes sparkling as he become interested.

"I heard a lot about you."

"Likewise." Sorin cringed a bit. She felt like she was in a soap opera and Mira was one of those famous matchmaker.

Suddenly they were distracted by a commotion comming from one of the rooms. Sorin and Mira hurriedly rushed towards the source, half guessing the situation, followed by a curious Ron.

It was just as Sorin thought, an old lady was sobbing as she sat in her bed, as the worried nurse confided that she had been crying like this for a while and even refushed to take the daily dose of her medicine.

Sorin walked up and sat on the edge of the bed as she gently wiped her tears, the skin callus due to old age under her touch. She

"Granny Su." Her voice was so soft and beseeching.

"Don't cry. Look I am here, tell me what you want?"

"I know I will not last any longer." She looked at Sorin, begging earnestly.

"I just want to see my grandson for the last time."

Sorin tenderly held her saggy hands inside her warm palms, her heart ached so much, feeling the helpless and desperate plea.

"I will bring him to you." She smiled as she promised.

"Will you?" She looked at Sorin, a tiny hope sparkling in her eyes.

"Yes. I promise. And you know I never break my promises." She assured softly as she got up.

"I will go now. But you must take the medicine, okay?"

"Aunt Mira, can you give me the address of granny's son?" She whispered as she got up.

"Yes I can, but are you really serious?" Mira whispered back as she led Sorin out of the room.

Sorin knew what she was worried about, the old lady could not bear it if it turned out to be a disappoinment.

It would be cruel to give hope just to crushed it again. But she felt that she was doing the right thing.

"Don't worry, aunt Mira." She smiled. "I will persuade them if they don't comply."

Mira sighed and led her to the office. She searched for a while on the computer before texting the address to Sorin. They came out as Sorin prepared to leave.

"It is a bit far away from here, how will you go?" Mira asked, concerned.

"I think you are forgetting someone's existence."

Ron said calmly, leaning on his car with his hands folded, a bit offended that he had been ignored all the while.

"Yeah! You can go with him." Mira exclaimed.

Sorin hesitated, contemplating that it would be more safer to go by the bus than to travel alone with someone she hardly knew. Mira, sensing her hesitation, explained.

"You don't need to worry about going with him." She smiled warmly as she look at her nephew.

"Though he don't look like it, he is really reliable."