CR: Chapter 80

The 6th carriage's case had been solved.

In order to confirm it, Yu Hanjiang called Liu Yuming and asked him if Shu Ping went into Room 2 in the early hours of the morning to steal Li Zhemin's insulin. Liu Yuming was worried for a moment but he probably knew he couldn't hide it anymore and had to nod. "Yes, I saw Shu Ping opened the door and take something from Old Li's bag..."

Yu Hanjiang asked, "Apart from taking the things from the bag, did she touch Old Li's bed?"

Liu Yuming was very certain. "No, she just took the bag from the luggage rack and then put the bag back."

Yu Hanjiang asked, "What about Mrs Mei? Did she go to Room 2?"

Liu Yuming was silent for a moment before bowing his head. "Yes."

"Did you see what she came in to do?"

Liu Yuming took a deep breath, his voice trembling slightly. "It was too dark and I didn't see what she was doing. Just based on the sounds she made, she seemed to have opened Li Zhemin's quilt and clothes, looking for something on Li Zhemin's body...."

This testimony was enough to determine that it was Mrs Mei who killed Li Zhemin.

Yu Hanjiang called Zheng Weiguo again. This gambler was probably at ease after swallowing the note last night and fell asleep. he didn't hear the follow-up movements. Niu Dapeng next door also said he didn't hear anything.

Liu Yuming and Shu Ping were witnesses to Mrs Mei killing Li Zhemin. Her fingerprints on the syringe and insulin were physical evidence. Although Yu Hanjiang knew hat Shu Ping was involved, there was a confession and Shu Ping insisted that she only bought the insulin for Mrs Mei. She didn't know Mrs Mei's plan and the police had no way to arrest her.

He returned everyone to their rooms and Yu Hanjiang frowned as he fell into contemplation.

Xiao Lou asked softly, "How did we choose for this case? Do we need to catch Aunt Ping as well?"

From an emotional point of view, Xiao Lou didn't want to catch Shu Ping. She had been badly hurt by Li Zhemin and not to mention, Mrs Mei had protected Shu Ping at the last moment, personally taking on all the blame. However, from an objective point of view, Shu Ping was the one who planned everything.

Yu Hanjiang replied in a low voice, "We all know that Shu Ping is an accomplice but there is no physical evidence. The testimony of several witnesses is also favourable to her. Yu Xinxin only saw her shadow and this could be explained as her looking for her earrings. Zheng Weiguo heard her and Mrs Mei chatting and this could be explained as Shu Ping giving her insulin to Mrs Mei. Liu Yuming proved that she went to Room 2 to steal insulin but didn't attack."

AD

These testimonies linked together could only prove that Shu Ping stole Li Zhemin's insulin in the middle of the night. The murderer was Mrs Mei.

Xiao Lou wondered, "Group Leader Yu, does this mean we only need to catch Mrs Mei?

Yu Hanjiang nodded. "The person who directly led to Li Zhemin's death was here. The murderer we need to catch should be her."

Xiao Lou sighed with relief and smiled. "I thought you would catch Aunt Ping."

"There is no actual evidence that Shu Ping is a murderer. Mrs Mei is a smart person and should be the one who guided Shu Ping to steal the insulin. It is because many people have found her actions. If she doesn't have a reason then it would be hard to explain why she was up for so long in the middle of the night. Furtively stealing the insulin is the best reason to fill all the holes."