CR: Chapter 139

Xiao Lou wasn't familiar with Lu Jiuchuan. This was the first time they met and called him Brother Jiu seemed to close. Still, since the other party was informal, Xiao Lou couldn't continue calling him Major Lu. He looked inquiringly at Yu Hanjiang and once the other person nodded, he called out, "Brother Jiu, you must have something to tell me if you pulled me in. What is it?"

Lu Jiuchuan was very direct. "Yes, my brother trusts you very much and I wanted to see what type of person you really are. Are you truly worthy of his trust?"

Xiao Lou nodded with understanding and smiled. "This world is too dangerous. If you encounter the betrayal of a teammate in the later rooms, it will be more difficult to deal with than the room itself. This has to be investigated."

Lu Jiuchuan looked at his smile and immediately found the main focus of his words, raising an eyebrow. "Investigate? Do you think the words I spoke yesterday were on purpose to test him?"

Xiao Lou replied, "Your identity must be kept a secret and every action is very dangerous. You might be killed at any time. If you can't absolutely trust him then there are many things you won't dare to tell him, isn't that right?"

Yu Hanjiang hadn't understood what the two people were saying until this point. The 'him' they were talking about was referring to himself.

Last night, Lu Jiuchuan deliberately said that he was a hunter and had the right to choose how to live. What did other people's lives have to do with him? This was to stimulate Yu Hanjiang and was a test about whether he was worth his brother's absolute trust.

Yu Hanjiang reacted. "Brother, did you go the Hunter's League as an undercover?"

Lu Jiuchuan glanced at his brother and smiled. "You aren't as clever as Professor Xiao. He had already guessed it."

Yu Hanjiang didn't deny it. Professor Xiao was the team's think-tank and was smarter than him. Yu Hanjiang wasn't a match. It was no wonder why Xiao Lou calmed him down yesterday. Xiao Lou had long thought of this possibility.

Going undercover wasn't an easy task, especially when working in an organization like the hunter's one. It was simply walking on a wire between cliffs. It was possible to fall and break his body at any time. In the circumstances where Yu Hanjiang couldn't be completely trusted, Lu Jiuchuan didn't dare to reveal his identity. Yesterday's first contact with Yu Hanjiang was indeed a means to test his brother's attitude.

Yu Hanjiang's heart tightly slightly and he clenched his fists as he whispered, "Why go undercover? With your ability, you couldn't clear the card wall after being here for three years?"

A bit of bleakness flashed in Lu Jiuchuan's eyes. "We went to J of Clubs and our entire team was almost destroyed."

Xiao Lou immediately responded. "The strongest elite team that the old gentleman of the Distant Guild mentioned, it included Brother Jiu?"

Lu Jiuchuan nodded. "At that time, we selected elites from all walks of life and formed a team of 15 people. I was the captain and every team member was very good. We went to the World Weekly secret rooms for a whole month and specifically practiced our cooperation. I trained the entire team rigorously and cruelly in accordance with the navy commandos' standards. This allowed everyone to form conditioned reflexes against accidents."

"The training worked well and I was confident I could take them through."

"After reaching the S-grade rooms, we preferred the Clubs room because the Clubs room is basically related to gold coins. The situation is generally playing cards or lotteries and our team had a professional poker player who betted in Las Vegas. The rich second generation was proficient in various types of card games. However, none of us expected for the S-grade Clubs room to no longer be a simple lottery or card game. It was actually a cruel competition!"