CR: Chapter 161

The Eighth Prince's birthday banquet officially began in the evening.

Everyone was invited to the backyard where many round tables were set up in the open space next to the pond. The tables were filled with rich food and the guests took their seats in turn. The prince was sitting in the main spot with his three wives.

It was rumoured that the prince loved beauty and each of the three ladies had their own characteristics. Madam Yun was dignified, Madam Qing was bright and charming while Madam Han was delicate and gentle. The prince was surrounded by these beautiful women and looked very happy.

The style of Daqi's people was open so there was no rule that women shouldn't be allowed to show their faces. Yet all four daughters couldn't be seen. Perhaps they were preparing a congratulatory gift for the prince?

Shao Qingge and the distinguished guests of the Lin family sat at the same table.

The Lin family's eldest son Lin Shaobo sat next to him. Today, this Lin Shaobo didn't drink alcohol. Compared with the drunk noble he saw the day before yesterday in the Fragrant Sky House, the serious Lin Shaobo was a talent. He was engaged to marry the prince's eldest daughter and they would be married next month. As the future son-in-law of the prince, he would certainly attend his father-in-law's birthday banquet. The congratulatory gift sent by the representative of the Lin family was also quite impressive and consisted of several boxes.

Lin Shaobo glanced at Shao Qingge before calmly bowing his head, pretending not to know the other person. Shao Qingge also gave him face and didn't mention the matter of the Fragrant Sky House.

There was a big drinking party and tonight's mansion was really lively.

After three rounds of wine, the performance started. The girls of the Fragrant Sky House were invited up and after a soft dance, the boss smiled. "The next show is a brand new sword dance that our Fragrant Sky House specifically trained in to wish the prince a long life!"

Shao Qingge's sharp eyes discovered that Ye Qi had also appeared.

Tonight's Miss Ye had changed her clothes. She was wearing a red dress with gold wire embroidery and there were also many beads in her hair that burned brightly by candlelight.

The moment the famous first performer of the Fragrant Sky House came out, Shao Qingge almost spat out his rice. It was right to dress festively for a birthday party but there was no need to celebrate like this, right? Ye Qi just needed to wear a veil on his head and he could get married directly.

Xiao Lou and Yu Hanjiang were also forced to laugh. Poor Ye Qi, this black history of dressing up as a woman was likely to be remembered by everyone.

This was the first time Qu Wanyue had seen Ye Qi dressed like this and she was almost caught. She hurriedly covered her face with her sleeves and pretended to drink tea calmly. However, the Ninth Princess next to her spoke with interest, "This girl is very beautiful. What is the Fragrant Sky House?"

Qu Wanyue forced herself to stay calm as she explained in a low voice. "It is the largest song and dance hall in Jiangzhou. All the women sell art and not their bodies. They rely on talent to eat."

The Ninth Princess was thoughtful. "Are they going to perform a sword dance? I know that you can do it but I don't know if these people can do a sword dance. How can anyone dance as well as you?"

Qu Wanyue smiled. "Princess, you are flattering me. I only know a bit."

The two of them were talking while Ye Qi's side had already started playing music.

He was in charge of accompaniment with the pipa today and were two beautiful women next to him to create the harmony. The three of them were sitting in the gazebo. As the melodious music played, five women in red dressed held long swords and danced in the open space.