• 33 •

________________________________

"Talking"  'Thinking...
Important
_writing_

________________________________

Derek stepped out of his shower, gym shorts on and towel in hand as he rubs his wet hair. He'd finished up best he could in Stiles's room, then joined those of the pack still out scenting. Derek stayed out the latest looking for Erica, or trying for a scent at least. He came up with nothing and ended up visiting the nematon again. When Derek returned stiles had still been sound asleep, or almost sound, as he'd seemed unnerved about something in his dream. The werewolf crossed his room to his hamper and tossed the towel inside, his dirty clothes joining next.

Derek rounded the bed and switched off Stiles's nightstands slight. Then moving over to his bedside table and pulling open the drawer, silently retrieving a book and placing into on top of his pillow. The alpha climbed into bed as sturdy as possible, not bothering the sleeping human next to him. Once settled Derek leaned back and opened his book, although the story being extremely intreating to the man he couldn't keep his eyes off stiles. Stiles who slept the whole day, stiles who squeezed his eyes shut and gritted his teeth in his sleep. Stiles who wanted to get away from Derek.

    The alpha looked away and let his head fall back. He thought over Peter being right, he thought about the conversation he heard and how he wants to confront one or the other, or probably both. Derek's eyes close softly as he listens to Stiles's breathing, even unlike his heart beat. Steady despite his struggle getting comfortable. Stiles's scent was tinged with bitter anxiety and subtle fear. The bed shifted beneath Derek drawing his eyes open. Stiles had tossed to lay on his side, facing away from Derek and curling up in a fetal like position.

    "Stiles?" The alpha questioned after he notices the boy shaking in his sleep. Derek rolled closer and reached for stiles, one hand still lightly gripping his book. "Stiles?" Derek asked more sternly when he received no answer.

    A grunt was Stiles's respond as he curled over on himself more. Derek pinched his brown and inched his way closer, placing his free hand on Stiles's bicep know tossing aside his book to the end of the bed. Derek gripped lightly and tugged at the younger's arm. Stiles doesn't budge causing the werewolf to sit up onto his knees to roll the human onto his back, visibly gritting his teeth. Derek's face settles into a snarl, teeth bared and brow softly curled up as he takes hold of the humans wrists. Stiles's hands wrapped over his chest to squeeze his neck to choke himself in his sleep.

Instantly stiles settles, his grip on his neck loosening as Derek touched him. Stiles slipped his hands up as Derek pulled them from his neck, softly laying them down on the younger's stomach. Derek dusted his right hand over Stiles's hurt neck, the red trace of his own hand visible, bruise already forming. Stiles stirred beneath Derek's hand, the alpha leaning back from hanging over stiles and letting him move. Stiles turned toward Derek's side of the bed, brushing out his hand in search of the wolf.

Derek smiled lightly, lips twitching up as he pushed Stiles's hand out of the way and laid back down. Derek slipped his left hand under Stiles's waist and pulled him forward, other arm curling over the top of his arm and cradling stiles to his chest. Derek bowed his nose into Stiles's hair as the younger nuzzled his face into Derek's chest and curled his hands against the man. Stiles wrapped one ankle between Derek's own comfortably tangling their legs. Once stiles seemed settled and fast asleep again Derek pulled his top arm from wrapping behind the humans back and pinched the younger's chin. Angling Stiles's face up and brushing his knuckles across the humans neck in sad examination.